Updating has frozen my software

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
isaacsracing
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Updating has frozen my software

Post by isaacsracing »

Hi Harry,

I have Petrolhead edition loaded on an iPhone 4S (I know, it's old, but it still works!). I went to the app store and updated my Harry's software, but the icon is now grey and says, "waiting." I can't open the software at all. When I go to the app store I can tap update again, I just get the little circle with the little square in it, but it doesn't turn to update.

My phone is a model MC918LL/A. OS version 8.4 (12H143) and I don't think I should update the OS further given the age of the phone.

Should I delete the software and reload it? I'd prefer to get my old track data, but if it's lost that's not the end of the world. What's the best course of action?

Thanks!!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updating has frozen my software

Post by Harry »

Please create a copy of LapTimer's Documents folder before you delete and re-install the software:

Connect your iPhone to your PC, start iTunes, select the iPhone in top left, select Apps, scroll down to File Sharing, select LapTimer. Copy all files shown in the bottom right list to your desktop. Copy .mov files (video) and all .pdb files (lap database) in particular.

After you have reinstalled the app, start it once, send it to background again using the the home button, and kill it afterwards. Copy the above files back. You will need to enter any Settings again, but everything else should be fine.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
isaacsracing
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by isaacsracing »

Well, that got me started.

I moved the files using iTunes to my desktop and deleted the app on my phone.

BUT, the app will not download to my phone - still says waiting.

I did download the app to my iTunes on my computer, but I can't get that to copy to the phone either.

BTW - I love your software! I've used the data in lessons when I teach math - Pre-Calculus and Calculus.

Next idea??

-John
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Restart the phone (power off / on). Goto AppStore app and select LapTimer from the list of apps you have purchased. You should see a small cloud download button. Touch it to start installation again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
isaacsracing
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by isaacsracing »

That did it. Thanks!!