GPS Suite

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
indyblade
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GPS Suite

Post by indyblade »

Bit cheeky, running GPS on my iPhone 5 would like to switch to ipad but way too expensive, so looking at Samsung Tablet is there a discount if I go for a tablet and have to buy GPS from playstore

Tony
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS Suite

Post by Harry »

indyblade wrote:Bit cheeky, running GPS on my iPhone 5 would like to switch to ipad but way too expensive, so looking at Samsung Tablet is there a discount if I go for a tablet and have to buy GPS from playstore

Tony
From http://www.gps-laptimer.de/LapTimer_Products.html:
MOVER SUPPORT
Just like we offer edition upgrades to match growing requirements of our users, we want to support platform movers. So in case you have one edition for iOS already, we offer a 30% refund on Android purchases up to that edition. To receive that refund, please send both store receipts (Apple and Google) plus a PayPal account we can transfer the refund to. Mover discounts are available for iOS to Android and vice versa.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. This will be the absolute exception for an app when moving between platforms. In case you consider moving platform because of device prices only, please keep in mind you will need to re-purchase your complete app portfolio. Depending on you list of purchases, this can be a lot.
Image Image Image Image
croman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by croman »

Hi Harry, I also currently have an iPhone and am making the move to an Android (S6 I believe). I currently have the Grand Prix version of the app on my iphone and would like to take advantage of the discount you offer, but I do not understand how I can send you a receipt for the iphone version when I purchased it about a year ago.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cliff
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

croman wrote:Hi Harry, I also currently have an iPhone and am making the move to an Android (S6 I believe). I currently have the Grand Prix version of the app on my iphone and would like to take advantage of the discount you offer, but I do not understand how I can send you a receipt for the iphone version when I purchased it about a year ago.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cliff
Keep your mail files ;-) There are numerous options to show you bought it. You may send a contact mail from within LapTimer, you can create a snapshot from your purchased apps (in AppStore app or iTunes), etc. But any confirmation is needed, I think you understand. Please send your Google receipt too, both are needed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Grotty100
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Grotty100 »

Harry wrote: Keep your mail files ;-) There are numerous options to show you bought it. You may send a contact mail from within LapTimer, you can create a snapshot from your purchased apps (in AppStore app or iTunes), etc. But any confirmation is needed, I think you understand. Please send your Google receipt too, both are needed.

- Harry

I am changing from iPhone to Samsung and can supply a snapshot from purchased apps for Petrolhead and in app purchase for GP. I don't know what you mean by "Google receipt". Please tell me where to find this....
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As written above, I need any receipt or proof the app / upgrades have actually been bought. You get a mail receipt from Google every time you purchase something by the way... The easiest way is probably sending a Contact mail from within the app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image