Want to move app to my old phone

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
Ricknau
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Want to move app to my old phone

Post by Ricknau »

I got a new LG G3 then bought and installed Lap Timer Petrol Head. Soon found out the G3 video quality sucks compared to my old Moto Photon. (Jerkiness and constant auto-focus changes. Also don't like the auto exposure level when bright sky is in view.) I want to use my old Photon for Lap Timer. Will involve Rooting Photon and elaborate process to upgrade the OS to 4.1.2. I'm willing to tackle that but only if there is a way to move Lap Timer without re-purchasing it. (Delete from old phone?) Plus I'd need Lap timer to work without cell service. The Photon GPS function still works. I can download tracks via Wi-Fi. Would it not run in that way?

So 3 questions:
1. Will it work without cell connection.
2. Can I move my current installation to my old phone?
3. How?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Want to move app to my old phone

Post by Harry »

1. Yes, load the track set ahead of the track day while in a wifi and you are prepared
2. Yes, just install the app from PlayStore. The license is bound to your Google ID, not an individual device
3. From PlayStore, just repeat what you did the first time
Image Image Image Image
Ricknau
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ricknau »

Terrific! Thanks.

Now to begin the elaborate OS upgrade process. I found an Android development site that claims it's possible using a custom ROM and has a step-by-step. Don't have much to lose being it's an old phone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please make sure the phone has enough power / performance to run LapTimer. There are some indicators listed on LapTimer's Android Compatibility page available on www.gps-laptimer.de
Image Image Image Image