New Phone, in app upgrades

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
Radixms
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Radixms »

My Iphone4 decided to quit today, picked up a Iphone 6.

I had purchased up to the Grand Prix within the app.

How do I download without paying for the upgrades again? When I try to download the addons , it asks to purchase.
I know most times once you confirm download it will tell you, "You have purchased this before" but that is only after the full transaction goes through, don't want run the transaction and pay for it again if it does not work.

Any suggestions? I can't remember the last time I ran a backup, I will try to restore when I get home but I know I have only backed up my contacts the last time I connected.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As Long as you repeat your initial purchase order Apple will not charge you again. To make sure you follow the initial order, please start the App Store app, select the Updates tab, select Purchased, and install the base app. Afterwards, load the upgrades from within the LapTimer app and agree to get charged. As long as you use the same iTunes / Google ID as before, you will not get charged.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Onlyzen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: New Phone, in app upgrades

Post by Onlyzen »

you use the same iTunes / Google ID
cayman38
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman38 »

I followed the process steps outlined in the first post (Petrolhead first then GP upgrade) on Oct 31 but was charged on the App Store for the GP version.

I requested a refund today and received (a second! later) an automated refund denial "We've determined that your purchase does not meet the conditions for a refund"

So I cancelled the purchase and await my refund.

I would prefer to keep using Harry's app, advice please....
cayman38
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman38 »

After posting the above, I went to look at my emails and am now really confused (but probably in a good way)

Contrary to the app store web page denial, I got an email saying:

Refund Confirmation
Dear Ralph
Recently you reported an issue with Harry's LapTimer Grand Prix using iTunes Report a Problem. This email confirms that you have been issued a refund of £26.99 for this purchase.

and then another saying:

Cancellation Confirmation
Dear Ralph
We have received your request to cancel the purchase of Harry's LapTimer Grand Prix made on 31 October 2019. You should receive your refund for this app in five to seven working days.

So I guess I'll have to unscramble the cancellation, but I'll wait for the charges to adjust through before trying to use the app.

Just thought you'd like to know.....
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can check your purchase history here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

Taken the latest full GP purchase and refund transactions aside, you will find the base edition purchased plus optional in-app purchases. Install that base version first. Start the app and goto Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ Restore to restore any upgrades.

Please keep in mind that licenses are bound to Apple IDs. Changing the Apple ID will make apps and music purchased with that ID unavailable.

More information on changing phones can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dacian
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by dacian »

I paid for the upgrade from Rookie to Grand Prix in the app but it didn’t upgraded .
It takes some time or something elae necessary to be done ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

dacian wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:24 pm I paid for the upgrade from Rookie to Grand Prix in the app but it didn’t upgraded .
It takes some time or something elae necessary to be done ?
Please start with checking your purchase history. AppStore / iOS and Google / Android

In case you see a Rookie purchase, a Petrolhead Upgrade and a GrandPrix Upgrade, you are ready to restore these upgrades: on iOS, goto LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons and press the Restore button. On Android, goto LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons and "buy" the Petrolhead upgrade first, and repeat for the GrandPrix Upgrade afterwards. "Buy" is is quotes here because you will not be charged again in case you have these upgrades in your purchase history already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jmanji
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jmanji »

It seems that when trying to upgrade in petrolhead to Grand Prix the payment does not take place it just spins around? Really want to get this working evora Wednesday
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Jmanji wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 pm It seems that when trying to upgrade in petrolhead to Grand Prix the payment does not take place it just spins around? Really want to get this working evora Wednesday
Please check your internet connection. Enter PlayStore / AppStore and check if you can see the list of apps purchased. The later is to verify the store app is actually able to connect to the store using the ID used.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image