New Phone, in app upgrades

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
Jmanji
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: New Phone, in app upgrades

Post by Jmanji »

Thx Harry. I went into App Store/ purchases/ Harry’s petrolhead/ so it is there In purchases I have also deleted it three times and reloaded it hoping it would connect for the upgrade, am I missing something? If I went and downloaded the Grand Prix app From The App Store Will it automatically charge me £9,99 or will it charge me The full £26.99?
Thx again
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Jmanji wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 pm Thx Harry. I went into App Store/ purchases/ Harry’s petrolhead/ so it is there In purchases I have also deleted it three times and reloaded it hoping it would connect for the upgrade, am I missing something? If I went and downloaded the Grand Prix app From The App Store Will it automatically charge me £9,99 or will it charge me The full £26.99?
Thx again
When buying GP in AppStore, you will be charged the full price. Using LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade is the only path available. Have you tried rebooting the phone? And am I right you are using an iPhone?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jmanji
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jmanji »

I rebooted the iPhone and tried with no success ?
It’s frustrating as I went out yesterday to buy the go pro etc for multicam? Am I missing something, I have explored all ways I can perhaps it’s my App Store account? It then once I’m in The app Surely it should upgrade?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, I'm almost sure it is some issue with the account. We had GrandPrix upgrades for v23 all time, including yesterday.
For your Wednesday event - this is the workaround:
  • operate the HERO manually before leaving the pits; this will record a session long video
  • run LapTimer Petrolhead as usual without video enabled at all; this will result in data for all your laps
  • after track day, transfer the HERO video(s) to your iPhone's Photo app
  • follow instructions in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI to link the video to your laps and create overlaid versions
- Harry
Image Image Image Image