How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrades

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Cologne, Germany
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Contact:

How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrades

Postby Harry » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi,

As it seem the upgrade process is not straight forward, here is a step by step how to upgrade a Rookie Edition to Petrolhead Edition. The steps for a Petrolhead to Grand Prix Edition upgrade are the same.

Image

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Cologne, Germany
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Contact:

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby Harry » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

I need to add a special case here:

For users who originally purchased both Trainer and one of the iPhone versions, please just install LapTimer Grand Prix on all your devices (both iPad and iPhone), migrate your data from the old editions to the new GP installation if you want, and delete the old iPhone apps. It is not necessary (and confusing) to have separate apps now that v17 is available.

In short and bold: IF YOU HAD PURCHASED TRAINER, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR ROOKIE OR PETROLHEAD APPS.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
djdcyphr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby djdcyphr » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:17 pm

I've purchased the upgrade to Grand Prix from the in-app upgrade on my iPhone 5. Everything appears to be fine and working with this phone. I do have questions about my iPad and 2nd phone that I would also like to upgrade from Petrolhead. Am I required to keep purchasing the 9.99 upgrade on each device? I also don't see the Grand Prix version available to download from within the App store from my account.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kim


User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Cologne, Germany
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Contact:

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:10 pm

You need to go through the same sequence on all phones. Start with Petrolhead (Purchased tab in AppStore app) and upgrade from within the app. You will not be charged twice as long as you use the same iTunes ID.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
boxnwilly
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 am

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby boxnwilly » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 am

I selected the in app purchase from Rookie to Petrolhead but the app does not appear to have been updated. Android phone.


User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Cologne, Germany
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Contact:

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby Harry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:28 pm

boxnwilly wrote:I selected the in app purchase from Rookie to Petrolhead but the app does not appear to have been updated. Android phone.


Yes, that's kind of a bug for the Android version. It is easy to work around on the other hand: simply, press "Buy" again and it will work. You will not be charged a second time, I swear :-)

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
boxnwilly
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 am

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby boxnwilly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks Harry! That has worked. Can't wait for the first track day this season!!!


froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:20 am

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby froggy47 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 pm

I tried to follow the upgrade android help chart, but when I open hlt it's already started (or getting ready to start) a session.

There has to be a (better) way to exit/escape/cancel/goback when one has inadvertantly started a session. I'd rather not need to get in my car and drive 100 meters or whatever to cancel.

Please advise.

Thanks.


Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2
User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Cologne, Germany
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Contact:

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby Harry » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm

froggy47 wrote:I tried to follow the upgrade android help chart, but when I open hlt it's already started (or getting ready to start) a session.

There has to be a (better) way to exit/escape/cancel/goback when one has inadvertantly started a session. I'd rather not need to get in my car and drive 100 meters or whatever to cancel.

Please advise.

Thanks.


Hi,

I assume you have created a standing go / AX trigger in your current position accidentally? So here are two approaches to get out: 1) walk or drive 100 meters, enter Lap List, search for the track and triggers, delete them. 2) Turn off location service in your preferences, enter Lap List, search for the track and triggers, delete them.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:20 am

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Postby froggy47 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Harry wrote:
froggy47 wrote:I tried to follow the upgrade android help chart, but when I open hlt it's already started (or getting ready to start) a session.

There has to be a (better) way to exit/escape/cancel/goback when one has inadvertantly started a session. I'd rather not need to get in my car and drive 100 meters or whatever to cancel.

Please advise.

Thanks.


Hi,

I assume you have created a standing go / AX trigger in your current position accidentally? So here are two approaches to get out: 1) walk or drive 100 meters, enter Lap List, search for the track and triggers, delete them. 2) Turn off location service in your preferences, enter Lap List, search for the track and triggers, delete them.

- Harry


Where are my preferences?

Thanks.


Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2

Return to “AppStore and Playstore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest