How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrades

All about app distribution, upgrades, editions, and refunds
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrade

Post by Harry »

The correct naming is "Settings". So it is in iOS -> Settings App -> Privacy -> Location Service.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pfbzzz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pfbzzz »

Bumping this thread, checking to see if the information above is still accurate... It sure looks like iTunes is going to charge me again for the upgrade, even though i've paid for it before.

It's fantastic that you do frequent updates and enhancements to the lap timer product, but I wish the process for those that upgraded from petrolhead to grand prix was a little bit easier and more transparent. And again, apple double-dare's you saying they are about to charge you again for the upgrade, just want to make sure that isn't the case!
pfbzzz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pfbzzz »

pfbzzz wrote:Bumping this thread, checking to see if the information above is still accurate... It sure looks like iTunes is going to charge me again for the upgrade, even though i've paid for it before.

It's fantastic that you do frequent updates and enhancements to the lap timer product, but I wish the process for those that upgraded from petrolhead to grand prix was a little bit easier and more transparent. And again, apple double-dare's you saying they are about to charge you again for the upgrade, just want to make sure that isn't the case!
Never mind... It works exactly as you said. It's just unfortunate that iTunes doesn't tell you it's not charging you before you hit 'o.k., charge me...'
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, it is scary... I will revisit that item, maybe there is a better option available...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Harry wrote:Yes, it is scary... I will revisit that item, maybe there is a better option available...

Harry
How about a "restore purchase" option?

Most seen to do it that way.
pfbzzz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: How To Purchase Rookie > Petrolhead > Grand Prix upgrades

Post by pfbzzz »

Hi Harry...

Thanks again for the great application.

I just went through the upgrade process again... It seems that once you upgrade to the more complete versions, [eg: Petrolhead -> Grand Prix], you can no longer use the app store to upgrade revisions [eg 18.x.x -> 19.0.30]

It seems you have to re-download the version you originally purchased, re-upgrade the versions, and most disappointingly, lose all the settings / user / track info you have already entered.

Is there any way around this? Possibly by issuing app store gift codes upon request to those who purchased upgrades so that the revisions can just be handled automatically by IOS like all my other applications?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The upgrade has no influence on updating the app. Technically, an upgraded Petrolhead -> GrandPrix is still a Petrolhead. This means you still need to update Petrolhead from AppStore.

A missing 18 - 19 update is probably due to a dated iOS version? You need at least iOS 7.1 to install a 19 version.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KRBNIANWGNR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by KRBNIANWGNR »

Hey, I recently upgraded per In App purchase from the GPS Buddy to Rookie and I am trying to migrate the car data that I set in the GPS Buddy to Rookie, since I uploaded and certified the car data, I though I could re download it from somewhere, but that doesnt seem to be the case. I put in all the data that I had about my car and I got some kind of thank you for being the first one to set the data for that kind of car... does that have any effect of saving/clouding the data somewhere?

Best Wishes!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the question. :-)

The vehicle database is built up currently. LapTimer v20 supports vehicle data collection, not distribution. We have several hundred submissions now. Once they have passed a QA process, they will be made available for users - using auto completion throughout the vehicle details dialog. This will most probably happen in v21.

To transfer your Buddy vehicle definition to Rookie, please use the export function: in Vehicle Details, press Export. Send the mail to yourself. Once it arrives, touch the .hvehl attachment and select LapTimer to import it.

Btw: while Export / Import transfers all data, the crowd sourced sharing of vehicles definitions removes any individual settings like VIN, name, or notes.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KRBNIANWGNR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by KRBNIANWGNR »

Thank you Harry for the quick response. I just tried Setting it all up as you said. But when preparing the Export data, i get an Alert, Data Could not be comprised "check Memory Card". I am using the Rookie on an iphone 4 with 7.1.2 iOS. I guessed, that might just be too old is that maybe the case? I will go on and Transfer the data manually but will check back for clarification. Thank you very much! Best Wishes