iPhone mic muffler?

Discussion related to external microphones and other audio stuff
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

iPhone mic muffler?

Post by Spinnetti »

So, I used the app in my endurance race (23hrs of Lemons) and it worked great! - only issue is wind noise kinda spoiled the video. Is there some sort of clip on or slide on mic muffler? I did a quick google, but didn't score anything readily. I have only the windshield, so its pretty windy. What do you guys do? (on a bike, open car etc....)

Here's one of the vids... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZbwhDJYuY4

Thanks..
Reeko_
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: iPhone mic muffler?

Post by Reeko_ »

You can probably plug a remote mic into the hedphone/mic jack and route it somewhere closer to the engine bay if you want better engine noise.
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Spinnetti »

Reeko_ wrote:You can probably plug a remote mic into the hedphone/mic jack and route it somewhere closer to the engine bay if you want better engine noise.
Thats a thought.. mostly wanted to reduce the wind noise. With no side or back glass, its about all you hear
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

iPhone mic muffler?

Post by king-rb »

I used to tape a small piece of tissue with blue painters tape over my Flip mic, guessing it would work on the iPhone as well.
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

I've been wondering the same. The ideal solution would be a bluetooth mic but in absence of that I'm going to buy an external mic, 10ft 3.5mm male/female audio cable and mic adapter (necessary for non-powered mic on ip4) and install the mic in a remote location like the engine bay. I'll route the cable through the firewall and up through the dash where it'll plug directly into my ip4 headphone jack.
glennQNYC
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by glennQNYC »

Rycote Micro Windjammer is a ready-made solution. ;)