Iphone 6 - External Mic

Discussion related to external microphones and other audio stuff
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Iphone 6 - External Mic

Post by llan981 »

How does the "External Mic" setting work within the Video options in HLT? I plan to use an external audio-technica condenser mic and when I plug the x.5mm connector into the IPhone this setting still stays grey. Is there any difference in settings for front or rear facing camera using external mic? Any Iphone setting to consider, too?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iphone 6 - External Mic

Post by Harry »

[Moved to Accessories/Audio]

Please check the posts in this sub forum. The setting is available, but not yet supported by iOS. To get your external mic working, you basically need the correct wiring for the plug. Working configurations are available in the named posts.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jack08520
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jack08520 »

Looking for any updates regarding external mic with HLT and iPhone 6. I purchased an external mic and 6ft cable and gearing up for a track day in 2 weeks. I've read that even with the external mic connected it will still pick up cabin noise from the builtin mic - has anyone tried "taping over" the builtin mic?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Once an external mic is connected to the audio port, internal mic and speakers will be turned off. There has been a thread in this Audio subforum which listed an adapter which is probably required to make your mic work with the iPhone. Apples seems to use some special wiring for the plug.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image