Two GoPro HERO4 Silver with one Android device

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
SuperDuper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Two GoPro HERO4 Silver with one Android device

Post by SuperDuper »

Hi All,

How can I use two GoPro HERO4 Silver at the same time with only one Android device? I want to aim the first GoPro toward the front of the car and use it as the base video feed for rendering, and then aim the second GoPro toward the rear of the car and make it a PIP. The HERO4 can be remotely contolled though wifi, but I can only see how to do that with one GoPro at a time in LapTimer, especially since each camera makes its own private wifi network my cell phone has to connect to and it can't do both at the same time.

I suppose I could use the second GoPro independently and remix the two video threads later on but I would need an easy way to synchronize the two video feeds.

Is there something I simply don't get here?

SuperDuper
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Two GoPro HERO4 Silver with one Android device

Post by Harry »

Remote controlling two action cams through WiFi doesn't work. LapTimer v22 will probably support triggering recordings through BT, but that's a plan only currently. v22 is the 2018 Spring release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SuperDuper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SuperDuper »

Ok, thanks for the answer Harry.

SuperDuper
SuperDuper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SuperDuper »

Would it be possible to use two GoPro by using two cell phones, each one connected to a single GoPro through wifi, adn then synchronise the PIP in some way?

I've got an old Apple 3GS phone, but I think it is limited to iOS 6.1.6 which may be too old for this either.

SuperDuper
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

SuperDuper wrote:Would it be possible to use two GoPro by using two cell phones, each one connected to a single GoPro through wifi, adn then synchronise the PIP in some way?

I've got an old Apple 3GS phone, but I think it is limited to iOS 6.1.6 which may be too old for this either.

SuperDuper
Yes, possible, but you will need to adjust the sync point slightly when adding the second video to the first phone. There are some runtime effects that will not be the same for two phones. The 3GS can't be used any more, you will need at least a 4S.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Harry wrote:Remote controlling two action cams through WiFi doesn't work. LapTimer v22 will probably support triggering recordings through BT, but that's a plan only currently. v22 is the 2018 Spring release.

- Harry
Is this pending update for iOS users as well or Android only?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Both.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image