Sony Action Cam - Multicam Download

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
acturater
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Sony Action Cam - Multicam Download

Post by acturater »

First off, Harry thanks very much for an amazing app! I recently purchased the Grand Prix Edition in preparation for an upcoming HPDE event and this is really amazing.

I'm using the latest version of HLT on an iPhone 6s, paired with a Sony Action Cam AS20. A couple questions below:

1. I can successfully control the Action Cam through HLT, however at the end of the lap I try to 'Download' the Master video from the Action Cam and it says "Error: Downloading videos is not supported for external cam Sony HDR-AS30V, or MultiCam is disabled in general."

2. I have a second Action Cam, wondering if you were successful in getting HLT to behave as a multicam hub.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sony Action Cam - Multicam Download

Post by Harry »

1. Downloading from within the app is available for the HERO4 cams only currently. It is rather slow and unreliable - so probably nothing you want to use anyway. To transfer footage from the Sony to LapTimer, please have a look into Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It includes a step by step on the copy process.
2. Not possible. All action cams spawn their own network, and a smartphone can connect to one network at a time only. As an alternative, operate on cam manually and add footage manually later. Again, details are described in Video Documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
acturater
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by acturater »

Thanks, Harry. It looks like everything I asked was in the documentation.

Regarding #2, what would you recommend as the best way to sync the third video from the second action cam? The only way I see is to manually line up the final frame, is that correct? I see in the documentation that 'Automatic lap / video sync' is available on Sony cams, but I gave this a try and it seems to be only for the first cam that's connected to HLT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that the advantage when remote controlling the cam using LapTimer - it memorizes the data / video sync. A second external cam needs to be synced manually. Usually it is easiest to sync the first full lap covered by the video. Once you associate the first lap, all other laps covered by the video will be synced automatically.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image