Connect and control more than one GoPro to Laptimer

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
DohbiK
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Connect and control more than one GoPro to Laptimer

Post by DohbiK »

Hi *,

i try to search this topic, but sadly I don't get proper anwers.

I have a GoPro Hero2(WiFi Bac-Pac), a Hero3 Silver and a GoPro4 Session.
I control them with my WiFi Remote, but it would be nice to start the Cams by crossing the GPS-Startpoint, like the Laptime did.
Is it possible to connect and control all of them to the Laptimer App on my iPhone 6?

cheers

Tobi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Connect and control more than one GoPro to Laptimer

Post by Harry »

[Moved to Accessories/Cams]

Hi,

it is not possible to control more than one HERO with a smartphone. A smartphone can be connected to one WiFi at a time. As all your HEROs create their own networks instead of joining one (which would be possible from my point of view - but firmware adjustments are required), a limit of one results.

GoPro uses some proprietary network type for their remote control. You may have noticed you need to switch network types for you HERO when switching between RC and smartphone operation.

So I'm sorry, but it is not possible to implement currently. Options you have: control all your HEROs manually and add the results to LapTimer manually too (see Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation for the details), or run one of your HEROs remote controlled and the rest in manual mode.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xrednax
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xrednax »

hi harry,
whats about the BT feature at the new gopros? will there be a possibility to control the cam with HL in the future? and by te way, anything new with the gopro session and third party control.
thanks for the version 20 :D

alexander
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is still no support to remote control the Session cams for 3rd parties. BT is used to improve Wifi power saving and connection making, not controlling the cam. This will probably change in the future.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
xrednax
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xrednax »

:cry: thanks for the prompt answer, so i will stay at my 3+