Go Pro Connectivity and auto start recording

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
boxster313
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Go Pro Connectivity and auto start recording

Post by boxster313 »

Harry, I'm new at this and cannot seem to find any reference to connecting my Go Pro 4 silver to automatically start timing through Lap Timer. Have a wireless connection but Go Pro does not auto start when passing Start/Stop. Also can't find info an how to download Go Pro video and overlay data on Go Pro video. Don't care to use Iphone video as it is not as in focus
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Go Pro Connectivity and auto start recording

Post by Harry »

Please check Video Documentation available on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
pcoughran
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pcoughran »

Harry, I'm a relatively new user to Laptimer (been using a year with just my cellphone = Grand Prix version. I recently got a GoPro 4 Silver and cannot get the autostart to work either. I've read the documentation several times and still cannot seem to get it to work. The Wifi is connected via the phone and the GoPro is set to wireless on and the Go Pro App (versus pairing it = the only other setting). I'm not using the Go Pro App.
I do see the Go Pro come up in the Video View and get the small PIP that shows up in preview, but when I auto start/cross the line it does not start recording on the Go Pro 4. Sometimes after crossing the finish it will turn it on for a second or two and record just that 1 or 2 seconds but it's after crossing a finish = this happened 3 or 4 times.

In the Video view the little camera icon does not show both the small blue and green dots like the documentation says.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have gotten a GoPro 3 or 3+ instead?

Any thoughts?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Both the SE and BE of HERO 3 and 4 should be fine. The known problem is the 4's power saving function. It hits in without notice. To work around, please make sure the time between connecting the smartphone to the the GoPro WiFi and enabling Video Operation (internal+external or external only) is not too long.

The other items to check are: select "GoPro HERO4" in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ MultiCam Control / External Cam and please verify you have the latest firmware installed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image