How to sync with external Hero4 footage

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
MartinP
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How to sync with external Hero4 footage

Post by MartinP »

(I'm sorry if this is a faq - I have read the documentations and searched the forum.)

I have lap times and also video I recorded separately on a Hero4, and I want to make an overlay. Following the instructions in http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf I got the video into the right directory where Laptimer could see it, and then I chose to add that to a session.

I got a dialog asking me to choose the last frame of the lap, but this was very difficult. On my Nexus 6 the video and controls are very small and fiddly, so it's hard to advance to just the right frame and I can't really see the start line. But more seriously, I'm not 100% sure if the Laptimer recorded my entry lap as its first lap, so I might be off by a whole lap.

It seems to me that the video should have an embedded time stamp from the camera, as does the lap times. Is there a way to use this to get the alignment at least roughly right to start with?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to sync with external Hero4 footage

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The video file has no embedded time stamps but a file creation and modification time only. As the later is changed during transfer, it is not usable mostly. When using MultiCam (GrandPrix), LapTimer has control about file sync and will memorize sync points. After transferring the video, the only thing you need to do is a simple video Re-Link. Laps will be aligned automatically.

Harry
Image Image Image Image