Original GoPro HD Hero compatibility and manual overlay?

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
Kelman70
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Original GoPro HD Hero compatibility and manual overlay?

Post by Kelman70 »

First post Guys so please bare with me and my current lack of knowledge on setup of the Laptimer app.

Currently stuck offshore and cant play about with the app as the wifi is shocking

I have two questions:-

1. I have an original HD Hero Gopro which i've read you can now setup the wifi bacpac and remote with after a software update, will this work with the app to allow me to record video on that and the overlay on my phone?

2. If not is it possible to record the video on the go pro separate and overlay it manually using the app later?

I have a track day at Knockhill this Saturday and i'm looking forward to having a mess about with the app

Thanks in advance

MartinK
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Original GoPro HD Hero compatibility and manual overlay?

Post by Harry »

1. Maybe, but the API used by LapTimer says the HD it is not officially supported by GoPro. NB: To use remote controlling, you need LapTimer GrandPrix. Please select HERO3 cam type when testing.
2. Yes, that's possible for most action cams. LapTimer Petrolhead is all you need. Please check Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation for the details on how to transfer footage etc.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Kelman70
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Original GoPro HD Hero compatibility and manual overlay?

Post by Kelman70 »

Thanks for the info, ill give it a go at the weekend and see how i get on

:D