Budget GoPro Hero+ WiFi

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
gzoomek
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Budget GoPro Hero+ WiFi

Post by gzoomek »

Dear Sir,
I'm using the budget GoPro Hero without WiFi/Bluetooth and I'm considering upgrade to the latest budget GoPro Hero+ Wifi, but I can't find if it's fully supported, eg. will HLT split video files recorded on GoPro?
Regards,
Marek
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Budget GoPro Hero+ WiFi

Post by Harry »

gzoomek wrote:Dear Sir,
I'm using the budget GoPro Hero without WiFi/Bluetooth and I'm considering upgrade to the latest budget GoPro Hero+ Wifi, but I can't find if it's fully supported, eg. will HLT split video files recorded on GoPro?
Regards,
Marek
The 3rd party interface used for remote control GoPros is limited to HERO3/3+/4 cams (premium line). Others may work but will likely not.

However, you can use any action cam as long as you record video manually and add / sync it later manually too. The process is documented in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gzoomek
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gzoomek »

That's what I'm doing now, but I'd like to make it easier and more precise. I was hoping users who have tried it would write whether it works or not :)
Jonsen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Jonsen »

I'm a bit late to this thread but I've just got a GoPro Hero+ WiFi (with the LCD screen)

Automatic stop / start recording works great.

Video transfer to iPhone has to be done manually, the laptimer app cannot find the camera when it tries.

If you do a test video then overlay with gopro video in the corner there is a very slight delay in the video vs onboard cam, approx. 0.3 seconds. Not sure if this is normal behaviour or not.

Harry please can you advise the differences when you change from Gopro Hero 3 to Gopro Hero 4 in the app. It doesn't seem to make any difference on mine but I'm not sure if I should choose one over the other for my camera.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Jonsen wrote:I'm a bit late to this thread but I've just got a GoPro Hero+ WiFi (with the LCD screen)

Automatic stop / start recording works great.

Video transfer to iPhone has to be done manually, the laptimer app cannot find the camera when it tries.

If you do a test video then overlay with gopro video in the corner there is a very slight delay in the video vs onboard cam, approx. 0.3 seconds. Not sure if this is normal behaviour or not.

Harry please can you advise the differences when you change from Gopro Hero 3 to Gopro Hero 4 in the app. It doesn't seem to make any difference on mine but I'm not sure if I should choose one over the other for my camera.
Please check this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3112&p=21189#p21189
Image Image Image Image