Newbie, Gopro Hero with WIFI BacPac

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
GTMIKEY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GTMIKEY »

I recently bought the Wifi Bacpac for my Gopro Hero2 so I can start and stop recording from my car with my iphone or the remote supplied with the Wifi Bacpac.

I need to purchase a ODBII wifi or Bluetooth connector to use with Laptimer as well.

My question is, can I use the Laptimer with the Go Pro Hero2 with Wifi Pacpac and ODBII connector as well? Do I need a Bluetooth ODB since the GoPro is using WIFI?? The car is a 2012 Mustang Boss 302.

I need some guidance....:)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can connect to one wifi spot at a time only... So once you connect to a HERO using WiFi, all other accessories need to be BT. Please check the Compatibility page on www.gps-laptimer.de

The HERO2 plus BacPac has been tested successfully (using HERO3 mode), but is not officially supported for the developer program I have joined. In case it doesn't work, you can manually operate it and add the footage to LapTimer manually (will be covered in greater depth in the v19 update of the video docs).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie, Gopro Hero with WIFI BacPac

Post by Harry »

PS: removed the double post. To use MultiCam operation, GP is required.
Image Image Image Image
GTMIKEY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GTMIKEY »

Thanks. I want the best setup I can get, data junky here:)
GTMIKEY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GTMIKEY »

It sounds like the BT ODB (GoPoint Technology 9105 BT1 ) with Hero2 with Wifi Bacpac. Can I use the extra GPS sensor with these as well??
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

GTMIKEY wrote:It sounds like the BT ODB (GoPoint Technology 9105 BT1 ) with Hero2 with Wifi Bacpac. Can I use the extra GPS sensor with these as well??
Yes.
Image Image Image Image
GTMIKEY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GTMIKEY »

ok. I got the App to control the Hero2 with a wifi bacpac attached. On the playback video from the gopro I do not see the overlay data. Just did a test drive around the block... I was hoping the overlay data would appear on the Gopro video. Sorry, new to the app....

Just read the next page on the Hero stuff, sounds complicated to get the overlay to the Gopro video...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It is not possible to manipulate videos on the GoPro side - the interface it has does not offer this option (and it would be extremely slow).

For the transfer you may want to wait a bit, I'm updating that section of the manual to make it easier to understand.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
GTMIKEY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GTMIKEY »

Sounds great. A video tutorial may be easiest for people to watch. I got lost when it mentioned Itunes Photo sync.... Not something zI ever use.