TOMTOM window mount

Discussions related to iPhone and camera mounts
gaskleppie
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

TOMTOM window mount

Post by gaskleppie »

Is there a way to make the tomtom window mount more stable? And I mean more stable that it wont turn during hard cornering?
I was testing the video mode on the streets and even then the horizontal mounted cradle kept on turning out of the horizontal position.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TOMTOM window mount

Post by Harry »

Not tested, but seem to be on topic: http://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-ipho ... r-kit.html

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
krell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by krell »

Harry,

Did a test run today with the app and the TomTom mount and everything worked great except for what I'm assuming was an overlay processing issue (with about five minutes left the speed readout and green car location dot stopped).

My question has to do with the mounting of the TomTom kit itself. After using it, I can only assume the videos you've posted had it secured to the car's dashboard with the phone rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. With it secured to my windshield and rotated counter clockwise, the suction cup base takes up about half of the screen, and while rotating the phone clockwise 90 degrees removed much of the visual interference, the overlay information (time, speed, etc) was upside down. With me holding the kit on the dash and phone counter clockwise, everything was fine, so I'm just looking for confirmation that that's your orientation, and really the only orientation that works with TomTom kit.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Once rotated counter clockwise, you can shift the TomTom car kits mount to get rid of the suction cup in the picture. Please test, it's a feature overseen often.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image