GoPoint BT1 and Subaru WRX STIs

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
geogan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GoPoint BT1 and Subaru WRX STIs

Post by geogan »

I purchased a GoPoint BT1 to use with my 2003 Subaru WRX STI Type UK.

When I plugged it into the car, I didn't get a beep at all. Instead, the red LED came on, then after about 30 seconds it flashed a few times, then went back to solid on.

It isn't recognised by the iPhone 4 either - doesn't appear in Bluetooth search...

Why am I having a similar problem to the BMW owner in previous thread? Do these BT1s work at all? Anyone got it working in similar or any Subaru?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

GoPoint BT and Subaru WRX STI

Post by Harry »

I'd suggest to contact gopoint on this. The BMW topic is a BMW, not gopoint topic by the way. It is the same with all OBD readers, they have issues with the throttle PiD.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
geogan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: GoPoint BT1 and Subaru WRX STIs

Post by geogan »

OK, problem solved - I finally got the BT1 to connect successfully to the STI. Turns out the OBDII connector is a bit dodgy/loose connection - I had to wiggle the BT1 around a bit in the connector/pull it out a bit/ push it sideways a bit and suddenly the BT1 beeped and the red light turned blue! Then iPhone picked up unpaired BT1 and I could connect it. Then mpgLINK app could see it and it prompted me to update firmware which it did successfully. Then Harrys Laptimer app could see the BT1 OBD and I could see my revs/gears in video mode! Great just what I wanted :D :D
geogan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: GoPoint BT1 and Subaru WRX STIs

Post by geogan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPWR7uV ... e=youtu.be

Quick test video. Why is the throttle position stuck at full in overlay at the end? And jumps in rev needle? Is the OBDII data wrong or is the overlay rendering wrong?