Motorcycle CAN / K-Line / ODBII+

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
avrg_andy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Motorcycle CAN / K-Line / ODBII+

Post by avrg_andy »

Hi Harry,

Is HLT able to record and overlay data from CAN, K-Line, etc (not ODBII) interfaces/protocols, perhaps by somehow using protocol conversion devices, if any exist?

I am asking because I use your app for motorcycle recordings. I wonder if you know of anyone successfully using HTL to record ECU data from motorcycles that do not use the ODBII standard (most of them!). If you are aware of a list of motorcyles and ECU interfaces that have been successfully used with HLT, it would be very useful! Are you able to maintain such a list on your forum?

e.g, something like:
Motorcycle........................ Interface.....Devices.........HLT_ver....Status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Triumph Speed tripple 2010.....ODBII.........Kiwi...............v16........Functional
Honda CBR 1000 2012............CAN..........Dynojet+Vector...-...........Non-functional

If ODBII is the only possible protocol with HLT, then I would still be interested in a list of bikes that produce this data and would be expected to work (or proven to work) with HLT. I would also be interested to know if you see interfacing with CAN devices as feasible somehow, maybe in the future?

I have a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K7, which I don´t believe uses compatible interface protocols, so I´m not expecting to get anything working on my bike, but I have access to numerous other types of bikes and would be interested to get HLT ODB overlays working with those...

Cheers,
Andrew
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Motorcycle CAN / K-Line / ODBII+

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Sorry, came across this post late. LT accesses OBD II devices only. As soon as you start supporting anything else you a) have huge problems to find devices connectable to the iPhone at all and b) start supporting non-standardized manufacturer specific protocols. I'm sorry, but I'm not able to do that. For me, it is fine to have OBD II supported motorbikes added to this thread, maintaining a list should be for OBD dongle manufacturers in general (they need to do this for cars by year built anyway).

Thanks for your understanding.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
neirley
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by neirley »

would be great to see a list of compatible motorcycles, there is no such information.... anywhere...
xNinjas
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xNinjas »

Triumph Daytona 675R OBDII GoPoint BT1A Functional