Bluetooth OBD dongle connects, but no data transmitted ...

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Bluetooth OBD dongle connects, but no data transmitted .

Post by schluerfi1978 »

schluerfi1978 wrote:Harry, I'm wrapping up my starting post again.

In spring, I switched from iPhone to Android (Sony Xperia S). While waiting for the release of Harry's Laptimer for Android, I've been using a competitor product of yours (namely "Torque"). My China BT dongle worked well on the BMW Z4 with Torque. With the release of HLT for Android, I changed back to your app and I'm having the same connection problem as I had with the combo "China dongle, Z4 and iPhone". Since the Torque app worked well, this tells me that the issue is caused by the HLT engine.

I would definitely appreciate if you could put this problem on your to-do list for upcoming bug fixes for the Android version. If I can support you with more additional info, please let me know!
Hi together,

since a forum shall not only consist of questions, but also contain answers, I want to post the solution with my issue above. Basically, the China dongles have been the root cause of the missing communication between the car and HLT due to bad implementation of the OBD standard into the dongles. After switching to an original PLX Kiwi Bluetooth Version 2, I instantly got a proper connection between the car and HLT.

At this point, I'd like to thank Harry for his extensive support which revealed the reason for the communiation issue! Unfortunately, I cannot do this by posting a positive review of HLT on the Google Play Store, since for some unknown reason, my review is not published. And Google's support on this problem was very bad, just unsubstantial e-mails - far away from the support that Harry is offering!
landrenesen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by landrenesen »

Ciao Harry, finally i've found a running elm327 and i tested on my MB GLK, works! not for Sport! ah shah!!
By the way, connecting the same "couple" to my Duc 848, it's connected to Laptimer (last update and iphone 5 now with iOS7) data are not recognized by Laptimer Petrolhead, going ahead trying, Laptimer crashes.
Seems that the data are written in a different way or Ducati releases data with a particular Rate.
Here is a link to JP, a man who released a data reader for computers Open Source, that reads these data. maybe you can suggest me a special Rate to set Laptimer in order to be read.
Who knows? i try.
Thanks so much.
Alessandro
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500 and send the log to me. I'd be interested to see what the Duc tells us. Crashes should not happen at all... Again, you may check viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1115 and send me your crash logs.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image