Bluetooth OBD dongle connects, but no data transmitted ...

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth OBD dongle connects, but no data transmitted .

Post by Harry »

As OBD II is not mandatory for motorbikes (surprising enough for me Ducati has it built in), I assume there are deviations from standard pin configurations here. Thanks for the update.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
landrenesen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by landrenesen »

Update, i didn't! Tried to change the connections buy was not the real problem, in fact HLT recognize theatre a Obd is connected, don't read the data, when i connect to the Obd, a sign "Obd" appears, and green and red point blinks, but doesn't recognize engine and don't display data, so the wifi is connected, Ducati uses Obd II standards... And idea?
landrenesen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by landrenesen »

Update, i didn't! Tried to change the connections buy was not the real problem, in fact HLT recognize theatre a Obd is connected, don't read the data, when i connect to the Obd, a sign "Obd" appears, and green and red point blinks, but doesn't recognize engine and don't display data, so the wifi is connected, Ducati uses Obd II standards... And idea?
Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 am
landrenesen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by landrenesen »

Ups! Sorry did it twice ho le you can era se the doubled
Best
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The red blinking mean LapTimer can't read the OBD input, you should see green and blue blinks only. Please contact me at Harry@gps-laptimer.de to have a Look into the data.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Harry, I'm wrapping up my starting post again.

In spring, I switched from iPhone to Android (Sony Xperia S). While waiting for the release of Harry's Laptimer for Android, I've been using a competitor product of yours (namely "Torque"). My China BT dongle worked well on the BMW Z4 with Torque. With the release of HLT for Android, I changed back to your app and I'm having the same connection problem as I had with the combo "China dongle, Z4 and iPhone". Since the Torque app worked well, this tells me that the issue is caused by the HLT engine.

I would definitely appreciate if you could put this problem on your to-do list for upcoming bug fixes for the Android version. If I can support you with more additional info, please let me know!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check this post on the process of debugging OBD connections: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500
Instead of using GPS/OBD Buddy on an iPhone, you can use LapTimer Rookie on Android too. It has tracing enabled. Apps will behave different - especially when dongles send invalid replies. LapTimer is pretty strict here and will disconnect in case the replies are not as expected. But we will see when you send the log file ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the feedback. I just emailed you a log file for review. Please let me know if this is sufficient or whether you need additional information.

Best regards,
Michael
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I suggest doing the same thing as Dual suggests for connection problems in iOS 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 to its Bluetooth GPS devices.

Go into the Bluetooth page in Settings and forget all paired Bluetooth devices. Then kill all running processes and reboot.
Pair the devices again and connect.

http://gps.dualav.com/wp-content/upload ... around.pdf
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This has been a different issue. The OBD did not answer LapTimer's initial request for available PIDs. Connection and initialization worked. Nevertheless, it is always a good idea to reset the BT devices and connections in case they don't work.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image