HLT doesn't find Veepeak OBDCheck BLE (IOS)

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
DieterB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

HLT doesn't find Veepeak OBDCheck BLE (IOS)

Post by DieterB »

Hi all,

I just purchased HLT GP (v23.0.11) and it doesn't find my new Veepeak OBDCheck BLE.

The Veepeak shows up in IOS 13.5 under Bluetooth (oc not connected) and works e.g. with Infocar, Car Scanner and RaceChrono.
HLT and also Harry's GPS Buddy don't see the OBD device.

Car Scanner reports ODB2 Protocol: ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud) and ELM327 v2.2

All other OBD apps were closed and the iPhone has beed rebooted multiple times.

I also tried the expert settings for the older HLT versions without success: viewtopic.php?t=5332#p25972
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HLT doesn't find Veepeak OBDCheck BLE (IOS)

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Should work out if the box...

Please check viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 for common issued with OBD connections. The most common issue is the one with other OBD apps accessing and blocking LapTimer from background. As you seem to have checked that already, please let me know if you see the VEEPEAK adapter in LapTimer's Sensor List (try All filter to be sure). Next, let me know what status you see in the VEEPEAK row of Sensor List. Do you see a warning on any sensor types excluded in the top of Sensor List?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
DieterB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by DieterB »

Thank you Harry, the problem is solved. I talked to Veeapeak and they changed the Bluetooth naming rule in the latest batch. Mine shows up as "VEEPEAK-2003AC31". After entering this name in in the "Custom BTLE OBD Adapter" settings it works fine.

Here the answer of the supporter:
Hi Dieter,

Thank you for your email. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We did not change any specs in this product, except for having a new Bluetooth naming rule (added a batch name after VEEPEAK). I will contact HLT developer to check if it would cause any trouble. You can also contact them about a way to manually add support:
LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings:

Custom OBD Adapter / ELM327 type: Request/Reply (default)
Custom BTLE OBD Adapter / Peripheral name: VEEPEAK (the actual Bluetooth name of your Veepeak device)
Custom BTLE OBD Adapter / Service UUID: FFF0
Custom BTLE OBD Adapter / Read Characteristic UUID: FFF1
Custom BTLE OBD Adapter / Write Characteristic UUID: FFF2
Dieter
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., thanks for the feedback. I have updated the device name pattern for the built in support to "VEEPEAK.*" for LapTimer v24. Once it is released, you can remove the custom entry again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image