Veepak OBD2 Sensor — Initialization String

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
RPAltman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Veepak OBD2 Sensor — Initialization String

Post by RPAltman »

I'm struggling with getting Harry's LapTimer running using an iPad Mini (or iPhone X) and Veepak OBD2 WiFi sensor on my Toyota MR2 (which has a JOBD output). The Veepak OBD2 sensor connects to the IOS device via WiFi and works fine with the IOS OBD2 Fusion app (using an initialization string of ATIB 96, ATIIA 13, ATSH 8113F1 that I received from the app developer). However, when I fire up LapTimer on my iPad (or iPhone), LapTimer recognizes the OBD2 sensor but is not receiving the appropriate information from the OBD2 sensor. I believe it's because I need to send the initialization string. Is there an option in Harry's LapTimer to send the initialization string to the OBD2 sensor?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Veepak OBD2 Sensor — Initialization String

Post by Harry »

Hello,

LapTimer had a feature to send an initialization in early OBD times. As actually nobody used it, I have removed it 2 years ago. So let us have a look in the options... ATIB 96, ATIIA 13 set some low level communication baud rates between adapter and car, this is nothing that can be influences in LapTimer currently. I assume it will depend on the adapter whether these settings are required or handled automatically. ATSH 8113F1 is setting the ECU to talk to. You can achieve this by setting Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks / ECUs Addressed ‣ 8113F1

So this is what I suggest to try: set the ECUs Addressed, this may resolve the communication issue immediately.

In case this doesn't work, please try a different OBD adapter from a friend. WiFi adapters are not easy / reliable to handle anyway, so using a modern BT LE adapter like those listed on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios may handle the configuration.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image