OBD/GPS does not show on HARRY'S

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
BRIANTOY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD/GPS does not show on HARRY'S

Post by BRIANTOY »

I have Harry's Laptimer Grand Prix Edition v22.1.2. I have a first gen Automatic brand OBD and a recent purchase of Dual Electronics XGPS150A Multipurpose Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

Both connect to my Apple 6 bluetooth simultaneously and DO NOT SHOW under sensors in laptimer.........so they have not worked. laptimer seems to function in all ways I have tried so far.

Thank you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD/GPS does not show on HARRY'S

Post by Harry »

The first gen Automatic is not supported by LapTimer (and not a pleasure due to low update rates anyway). The XGPS should show up immediately.

Please check: 1) Kill Dual‘s app in case it is active or running in background. 2) Make sure the use of Made for iPhone accessories is enabled in LapTimer‘s Expert Settings (which is the default).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
compguy36
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by compguy36 »

I have a similar issue to the thread topic, but perhaps not the same issue responded to. I'm running GP edition v22.1.2. Finished my track day yesterday and went to export video and no OBD data is exporting. When I go to Overlay Configuration there is no toggle to enable the OBD II Gadget data. However, when I look at the lap in the lap list view it shows that data was captured. Additionally, if I go back a previous track day where I know OBD data was captured and exported/overlayed successfully it also no longer shows the toggle to export OBD II Gadget data. Thoughts?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please select any lap from Lap List and scroll down the Data Recording section. You will find a row with title "Fixes". Besides the number or fixes stored, it describes the channel sets stored for each fix. These are GPS, ACCEL, OBD in case all channel sets have been recorded. In case the OBD channel set is missing for a lap, the OBD switch is disabled in Overlay Configuration.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
BRIANTOY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BRIANTOY »

Hello- I got rid of the automatic OBD and purchased Tonwon T2 BlueT LE 4.0. I can get it to show on Iphone bluetooth and OBD auto Doctor (recommended app from Tonwon). I cannot get Harry's to see. I've tried closing app, turn on/off car and obd, etc. When I checked expert settings, I noticed that "use sensors containing name" says AUTOMATIC. Should that be blank to allow Dual and Tonwon? Is that a coincidence my OBD was named "automatic"? OR- what should that setting be to use both sensors?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Adding a name to "use sensors containing name" will disable all external sensors except this matching. You should never set anything here except when advised. Reset it to the empty string please. In addition - make sure you have Bluetooth Low Energy sensors enabled in Expert Settings, and kill any other app accessing the adapter. The adapter will not be visible to LapTimer while it is connected with some other app - even in case it is running in background. Once all of this is fine, LapTimer will detect the TONWON adapter automatically.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PacoDLG
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by PacoDLG »

If I use a OBD 2 to micro USB wire, will it read all the information on the app?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

We support wireless devices only currently, i.e. BT SPP, BT LE, and WiFi options.
Please see www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios or www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/android.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image