OBDLink MX disabled

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
RandyRoberts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBDLink MX disabled

Post by RandyRoberts »

New to Harry's Laptimer.
Android Settings BT is paired to OBDLink MX.
Laptimer Setting shows OBDlink disabled in both GPS and OBD.
In OBD I selected the + and then OBD in the popup menu.
A thin vertical bar at the right starts flashing but does not connect to OBDLink.

Did I miss something here?
Is there a Youtube on this?

Other things I tried:
I originally selected the OBDLink MX as a GPS on first attempt. Was this the problem?
In Expert Settings - Use Sensors Containing Name - OBDLink MX. Is this required?

Thanks,
Randy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBDLink MX disabled

Post by Harry »

Selecting GPS is wrong and will disturb OBD connection making. Delete this sensor entry and try again. Disabled means the sensor cannot be activated currently. Possible reasons are: the sensor type is disabled in Expert Settings, you are driving (speed > 0) and have an external GPS sensor connected already, Bluetooth is disabled, and others.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
RandyRoberts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RandyRoberts »

I deleted the name "ODBLink MX" in "Use Sensors Containing Name". Restarted all and + on ODB setting and connection made OK.
The ODBLink MX still shows in the GPS but is disabled. Is that normal ? Does ODBLink also have a GPS?
Thanks,
Randy
RandyRoberts
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RandyRoberts »

When connecting to OBDLink MX, it connects OBDLink MX GPS, then attemps OBDLink MX OBD. It connect each time then repeats back to previous try and repeats again.
How can I remove OBDLink MX from GPS sensor list?
Thanks,
Randy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

RandyRoberts wrote:I deleted the name "ODBLink MX" in "Use Sensors Containing Name". Restarted all and + on ODB setting and connection made OK.
The ODBLink MX still shows in the GPS but is disabled. Is that normal ? Does ODBLink also have a GPS?
Thanks,
Randy
No, that's completely wrong. Please blank this Expert Setting, it should not be used except when being advised.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

RandyRoberts wrote:When connecting to OBDLink MX, it connects OBDLink MX GPS, then attemps OBDLink MX OBD. It connect each time then repeats back to previous try and repeats again.
How can I remove OBDLink MX from GPS sensor list?
Thanks,
Randy
It connects as OBDLink MX GPS because you told LapTimer it is a GPS sensor (which it is definitely not). When connecting an arbitrary Bluetooth device to LapTimer's Android version, LapTimer has no clue whether it is a GPS or an OBD device. That's the reason the user is asked. To remove the GPS entry, long press the row in Sensor List and select the delete operation from the action menu.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image