PLX Kiwi 4

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Squared
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: PLX Kiwi 4

Post by Squared »

Hi Harry,
I eventually achieved about 3 to 5 Hz with my iPhone. I am now trying to get the iPad running with the OBDLink. I have identical settings on both devices but I can barely sustain 1Hz on the.iPad.
Is there any iPad specific issue you are aware of?
Regards
Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, I'm not aware of a difference. If any, there may be a slightly different BT bandwidth / latency, but this should not make such a difference. For a CAN bus, 1 Hz signals an error and not a generally low performance of components involved. Have you checked all your OBD Tweak settings? You can create a Contact mail from both your phone and the iPad and check for difference in Settings.log. This file lists all settings changed from default values.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squared
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squared »

HLT crashes when I try to create the contact email on the iPad. Works ok on iPhone. I’ll check settings manually again.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Squared wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:26 pm HLT crashes when I try to create the contact email on the iPad. Works ok on iPhone. I’ll check settings manually again.
Yes, there are a number of problem with iPads and iOS14. Will be fixed soon. I forgot that in my last post :-(

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squared
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squared »

iPad settings identical to iPhone. Only difference is that I’m using external dual gps with iPad but not with phone...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Squared wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:52 am iPad settings identical to iPhone. Only difference is that I’m using external dual gps with iPad but not with phone...
And what happens when not connecting the XGPS?
Image Image Image Image
Squared
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squared »

I will check and run a log with and without gps
Squared
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squared »

HI Harry,
Without any changes to settings I found that I am now getting about 5 Hz PID rate on the iPad which is good enough for me. However, when I connected the GPS, the rate dropped to about 1-2 Hz.
I did not get the logs yet. I’m having trouble getting the same performance out for GPS Buddy even though I think all the settings are the same. It would be really handy to have a little script to copy the settings from HLT in to Buddy. Alternatively, enable logging on HLT.
Regards
Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sounds like a bandwidth problem - which is unexpected for a Kiwi + XGPS. The rate may go up when driving because LapTimer will stop scanning for other devices once a higher speed is detected. Scanning requires bandwidth too.

I add the settings thing to the feature requests list.

Logging is disabled for production versions of LapTimer because it adds a performance penalty even when disabled. Only beta versions have it enabled. I’d rather not change this due to the advantages the solution has.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image