Custom BT LE config

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
M3ANMACHINE
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Custom BT LE config

Post by M3ANMACHINE »

Harry wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:51 pm Sensor recognition is done using the sensor name. I assume the iCar uses a different name than the TONWON.

Harry
Yes, that is correct. However, as mentioned by the OP earlier in this thread, his input values/settings are the same as those used on my device as noted here:

Mateusz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 pm Thank you! The new version works flawlessly. Proper settings are:
"IOS-Vlink",
service UUID: 18F0,
read Characteristic: 2AF0,
write Characteristic 2AF1.

...which is moot, as the dongle is now found automatically anyway. I've got to 7-8hz on an IOS, 09 Ford Galaxy Mk3, MultiRequests at 3 Adaptive (still have not checked adaptive timing options).
but you suggested the following:
Harry wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm Hi,

The TONWON adapter is predefined now. Please invalidate the Custom settings so you do not run into issues from duplicate sensors.

- Harry
Am I misunderstanding?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I don’t know - this is looking off topic. In case the settings reported for the iCar do not work, please verify device name and service UUIDs using the LightBlue app as proposed in the document linked above.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bleak December
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bleak December »

Hi Harry

I was thinking if reviving this thread instead of opening a new one, decided that keeping the question here, as it’s related, would be maybe beneficial.

I have a TONWON OBD2, which supports ELM327 which is recognized as IOS-Vlink but there’s no way I can have it to work with HLT. It appears and connects but that’s it. No stable connection, 1-2hz and always red under real time motor section. The unit is working, as I am able to gather data from the car (on Android with an app for my make) but can’t get it configured on HLT. I went also the custom route using lightblue to enter the exact UUID but it doesn’t connect to that for more than 1-2s.

Anything I am missing? Could it be car related or is something between adaptor and HLT?

Thank you!

Bleak
Bleak December
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bleak December »

Screenshot of PIDs
Attachments
90A45CBB-09FF-4656-AFC9-BE63A7CDF1CA.png
90A45CBB-09FF-4656-AFC9-BE63A7CDF1CA.png (1 MiB) Viewed 2707 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please make sure the connection problem is not caused by another app. In case you use another OBD app, it may keep a connection. This in turn will not allow LapTimer to get a working connection. Please do not forget to remove the custom settings, it should work with LapTimer predefined sensor entries.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bleak December
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bleak December »

Thank you for the quick response Harry but something else has to be happening in my case. No other OBD app running on the iPhone and the custom OBD was already deleted but nothing…

I will keep troubleshooting and if possible will collect some logs.

Again, thank you for your support.

Bleak
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The above screenshot shows that communication is working between app and adapter, but not between adapter and car bus. This issue can occur in case the automatic protocol negotiation between adapter and car fails. LapTimer uses this approach instead of trying all protocols itself. Please see the OBD Connection FAQ here on the forum. It shows you which parameters to tweak.
Image Image Image Image