XTOOL iOBD2 - how to get it connected to HLT?

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
A_Möller
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

XTOOL iOBD2 - how to get it connected to HLT?

Post by A_Möller »

Hi,

I tried to source a MadeForIPhone OBD Bluetooth device and only found XTool iOBD2 available in Sweden: http://en.iobd2.com/products/iobd2-mfi-bt.aspx

Everything seems fine with it and their own app is ok for basic OBD communication and some logging (besides that they do not support any Lotus model :cry: ).

However it will not show up in the sensor list of the LapTimer and consequently it doesn't connect. So, do I have to accept that it doesn't work and buy another one, or is there anything I can do to make it connect to the LapTimer?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XTOOL iOBD2 - how to get it connected to HLT?

Post by Harry »

Not compatible with LapTimer. Adapters supported are listed on www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
A_Möller
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by A_Möller »

Thank you very much for a clear answer.
light86
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by light86 »

Hi Harry, is it planned to expand the compatibility list with ODB adapters like PACE or XTool iODB2 ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not currently. I do not see there are advantages compared to supported devices. As proprietary interfaces require me to invest quite some time and efforts to add support, my policy is to limit new integrations to one of 1) clear progress in / superior performance compared to existing devices or 2) innovative character / new capabilities. I had (adapter) market share in my list of priorities formerly, but dropped this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image