Support for MV Agusta CAN (OBD)?

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
snafu58me
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Support for MV Agusta CAN (OBD)?

Post by snafu58me »

Hello Harry,

i am from the south of Germany, but writing in english, to make the conversation more international :D

Is there a chance (or already done) to make "Grand Prix Edition" work with the MV Agusta CAN?

Some information, I can provide: I've heard, older MV,s used a combination of K-Line and CAN Bus, but my Bike is a F3 800 RC, 2016, provided with a 4-pin-connector with CAN high, CAN low, GND and +12V. Thus i've made an OBDII-Adapter, where pinout is = CAN High to terminal 6 /CAN Low to terminal 14, chassis ground to terminal 4 and +12V to terminal 16.

Today, I 've tried it (using iCarsoft i620 BT-Dongle and Torque). Seems to work so far, but after trying all build in protocols, no handshake in the end (" ECU not answering"). I assume, it is an header problem, but not shure about that. :roll: :?:

Any suggestions, what went wrong? Once it works, it will be a great solution for the amateur track day.

Cheers Karl-Heinz Bernhard
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Support for MV Agusta CAN (OBD)?

Post by Harry »

[Moved to Accessories / OBD]

Hi,

I assume there is a problem negotiating the bus protocol used between the OBD gateway and the iCarsoft adapter. I'm no expert for this stuff, I'd suggest to contact the adapter manufacturer for helping on this item. Besides a general incompatibility between the Augusta's protocols and the adapter, it may be a simple wiring issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image