Haltech ECU issue

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
haltechECU
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Haltech ECU issue

Post by haltechECU »

Hi,

I have a 2002 WRX with a Haltech ECU. I can connect to the Kiwif Wi-Fi via an iPhone but Harry’s doesn’t pick up the cars settings. Do you have a workaround?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Haltech ECU issue

Post by Harry »

Hi,

What do you mean by "doesn’t pick up the cars settings"? When you enter the Sensors List, what the KiwiWifi status? Does any other OBD app connect to your device?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
haltechECU
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by haltechECU »

I can connect to the Kifi Wifi but after launching the app and testing a recording I didn't get the throttle data or gears for a video overlay.

I tried launching the Digital Rev app too but nothing was detected. The phone to the Kiwi works ok.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

From what you write I believe the connection between the Kiwi and your iPhone is not o.k. Please check you follow exactly the steps in the Kiwi setup description, you need to configure the WLAN ad hoc connection. Please make sure your WLAN is up and running before you start LapTimer or Rev. In case you cannot connect both of them, please contact the Kiwi hotline for help.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
haltechECU
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by haltechECU »

Many thanks for the prompt replies.

The connection to the Kiwi Wifi and phone are all ok. I use it daily in a 2011 WRX with REV and have successfully used your PRO app at the track too. The problem I have is with the track only 2002 WRX. It’s using an aftermarket ECU made by haltech and I don’t seem to be able to get any data readings from the vehicle.

Do you support aftermarket ECU’s like http://www.haltech.com?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., now it is becoming clear.

LapTimer actually accesses all of the compatible OBD II dongles. As long as these integrate data from your Haltech, it will work with LT too. If not, it will not be supported as it is not accessible for LT.

Maybe someone else on the form can help, my recommendation is to discuss this with Haltech and Kiwi primarily as it is somewhere between them.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image