Re: update rates on bluetooth android/iphone compatible

Post by MrBlah »

Kline=k-can same thing can bus BMW has a few versions
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I checked that again. Please follow http://www.aimsports.com/weblog/Sintesi ... ng_106.pdf to see a good list of car / bus protocol mappings. The R53 uses a pre CAN bus as expected.

So please expect 2 Hz update rates, but not more.

In case you are still curious, please post a link to your source here, thanks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

Weird I know it has a canbus twisted pair maybe it is not connected to the odb there are multiple bus lines on the r53 at least on the facelift 05+
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

So I have little problem as well (again). I have two cars: Toyota and Skoda (VW Golf 6). One from 2015 (Toyota), on it I have rate around 14-15Hz, but on second from year 2010 (Skoda, yes, it has CAN, look in table you´ve posted 2 posts ago) I can get only to 6-10Hz. I use HLT in both cars, so it´s realy unconfortable to change settings everytime, when I change a car...

On Toyota I must use "CAN Multi requests (ELM327) to set 3 PIDs / adaptive = update rate max 15Hz
On Skoda I must use "CAN Multi requests (ELM327) to set 3 PIDs / minimum = update rate max 10Hz.

every other option will shoot down rate to 1-2Hz

Otherwise. On Skoda I have problem with throttle. I already tried all PIDs in settings, and all gives me wrong data. I have VCDS diagnostics for VW group. It´s possible to find correct PID with this software and then send data to you? If you guide me, I can try it. I presume HLT gets data from gateway of car. If I look into 01 - Engine - measured blocks, I can see correct information about throttle pedal in one canal.
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

True, there is a number of expert settings which should actually be stored as vehicle properties. It is on my list.

The minimum setting has been added for testing some time ago. Like the 2 PID options, this option is planned to be replaced by a simply YES/NO option. I'm curious why the Skoda requires this setting to work. In case you have fun in testing, please send me a trace log as described in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 with 3 PIDs / adaptive set (and the Skoda).

Different speeds are well possible. Reply times depend on other traffic on the bus as well as the CAN implementation (11/29 bit an 250k/500kBaud).

For the throttle part, please send whatever logs you have and I will have a look into it. But please start with checking which PIDs are available in LapTimer at all: Sensor List ‣ OBD Link ‣ Info. This will give you the list of PIDs supported by your OBD gateway.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Thanks Harry. I will look at it during weekend and then i will send logs to you

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

one question for debugging: what exactly you want in that log file?
I presume:
sensor connection
OBD Sensors
Update Rates

anything else? Bluetooth LE?

PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi Harry, do you received my email with logs?

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, but I had no ideal which context they belong. ;-) I will check.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The log shows only two different values coming in 196 and 197. This is mapped to 66% and 100%. The PID used is TPS. In case you rev'd the engine while logging, the TPS PID is not usable. In case you did not rev the engine, the log needs to be repeated. Please start the log before plugging the adapter into the car. Please tick OBD Sensors only.

In case TPS cannot be used, we need to check which pedal values are available first. With the adapter connected, please select Sensor List and select the OBD adapter. Press Info and create a snapshot. It will look similar to this: download/file.php?id=529

- Harry
Image Image Image Image