OBD Data shown in a Video

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Willi87
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

OBD Data shown in a Video

Post by Willi87 »

Hi,

since a few days i have got a OBD II MX Bluethooth from ScanTool. I use a LG G2 with Android 5.0.2 and the Petrol Head Edition v19.0.30.
My car is a Ford Fiesta ST from 2013 (mk7,Ja8, 182HP)

In general the HLT App, the OBD and the overlay seems to work fine, but i have got the following question:
Is it possible to change some settings in HLT, to get different information shown by the OBD in the overlay?

At the moment i can see the throttle, u/ min, and one round disc <- speed indicator?
This disc shows the gear, the boost pressure (i think), and there is a needle wihch shows my rpm.
It looks like this video: (example from youtube)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQOV4TrUEk[/youtube]

There are many videos on youtube with different information shown by the obd. And I would like to have it exactly like it is in this video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9m1PvwSBj0[/youtube]

I read that you can get more information shown by the HLT App when you have got the Grand Prix Edition. But I could not find out if an upgrade would solve my problem. So I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!
Willi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD Data shown in a Video

Post by Harry »

Not sure what you mean by round disk? The green sector shown qualifies the rpm range starting at max torque and going up to the limiter. It is defined by vehicle settings entered and the area you should be in all the time (ideally in the upper end). The second gauge shown in the second video is what is added when upgrading to GP. On top of the named OBD values, it adds power developed (calculated), oil temperature (if available) or coolant temperature and the fuel level to the right if available. The sample has been recorded without temperature, so these are missing here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Willi87
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Willi87 »

Hi,
yes this is what i wanted to know. I upgraded now from Petrol Head to GP.
I will try it in my lunch break :)

First I tought it could be a problem with my car because it didn´t deliver the parameters.
Then I read that you get more information when you´ve got the GP version, but I could not find out what the differences between Petrol Head and GP is in detail, relating to the shown obd data. In the discription of the GP version I only found the sentence: 'Even more enhanced data analytics'. In the petrol head version I read: 'Full range of timer an specialized views'. So I was a little bit confused ;)

I will report this afternoon 8-)

So far, thank you! :D

I just tested it. Everything works fine! :D
I am really happy! Cant wait for my next visit on the NOS!
I think I will upload my next video to youtube. :)
Last edited by Willi87 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I had a detailed list of difference some years ago. But it became impossible to handle and has been outdated all the time...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi it's possible to entirely disable THROTTLE bar in overlay? Like through disabling throttle PID in settings? I have diesel engine (common rail) and it shows me only completely nonsense data on throttle
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not possible. Please try one of the alternativ throttle PIDs available in Expert Settings.

Harry
Image Image Image Image