EU stockist for GoPoint Technology 9105 BT1

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
jansammut
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

EU stockist for GoPoint Technology 9105 BT1

Post by jansammut »

Morning Gents;

Does anyone know of a stockist for the above dongle? It seems to be readily available in the US but shipping + tax all but doubles the sales price.

Thanks in Advance
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EU stockist for GoPoint Technology 9105 BT1

Post by Harry »

To my knowledge, there is none. The problem is probably the missing CE certification - or simply a lack agreements with EU distributors.

The CE item is a common issue with many OBD adapters sold e.g. on Amazon. Without it, distribution of electronic devices is actually not allowed in the EU.

Alternatives: in case you are on iOS, you may consider the Kiwi 3. It needs to be imported from the US too, but is less expensive. Furthermore, ASL's RaceCapture Wifi based accessory will get available in a few month and provide GPS and OBD at much higher rates than the BT1 or XGPS. For Android, the OBDLink LX is the best option anyway.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS. In case someone reading this wants to get distributor for the BT1 in the EU, I'm happy to make a contact. I'd help by forwarding LapTimer users interested in the BT1 to the new EU distributor too. I do not want to get into this business myself as it keeps me from doing other stuff.
Image Image Image Image
dbbarron
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dbbarron »

Harry wrote:
Alternatives: in case you are on iOS, you may consider the Kiwi 3. It needs to be imported from the US too, but is less expensive. Furthermore, ASL's RaceCapture Wifi based accessory will get available in a few month and provide GPS and OBD at much higher rates than the BT1 or XGPS. For Android, the OBDLink LX is the best option anyway.

Harry
What is the state of integration with RCP MK2 generally and the Wifi module?
In such a case, is there still GoPro control available?

db
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

RCPro MK II support is built into LapTimer already. Once the WiFi module is getting available (I think latest in the beginning of next season), the iOS version can connect to it without the bridging solutions I used for testing. The GoPro cannot be connected to LapTimer at the same time, so it needs to be operated manually.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
+Raven+
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by +Raven+ »

Hi folks,

I'm using HLT for a couple of month now - but I'm rather new in the forum :roll:

I've got a couple of specific questions in terms of purchasing an ODB adapter Gopoint BT1, as this seems to be the best fit for me personally after reading through releated topics in the forum.
As I'm located in Germany, I would assume this is relevant for german or at least european users - I'm afraid :roll: I found this older thread - hope it's OK to bring it back to the top again ....

1. Where do you guys buy a BT1 ? Seems there is no change regarding the general situation: it's not available in Germany at all and I didn't find it in e.g. Amazon's UK store neither. Even in Amazon US there seems to be only 'used' ones available. So the only chance to order would be from Gopoint directly.
2. @Harry: Do you still have a contact to an european 'distributor' ? Would be the preferred way to go of course ;)
3. Assuming for the time being that purchasing from Gopoint directly is the only option - is there anybody interested in this specific adapter as well, so we could order more than one device?
4. Does anybody already have experience with ordering from Gopoint directly and shipping to Europe?

Any hint is really appreciated :)

Cheers
raven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

1+2. The GoPoint has no CE certificate, so it is not offered officially in Europe. You need to order it from the US anyway. I'd recommend to use the Kiwi3 instead. A little faster and available from EU stores.
4. Works fine.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
+Raven+
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by +Raven+ »

Harry,

Thanks a lot for the quick response and advice!
I double-checked the kiwi3 availability and decided to order a device from Amazon UK - 104 £ (roughly 122 € ) including delivery.

Looking forward to get my hands on it ;-)

Cheers
raven