Kiwi 3

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
azzman372
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Kiwi 3

Post by azzman372 »

So after testing the kiwi3 out for a bit on the new firmware, without changing any settings in HLT I get 2hz connection with around 10 pid/s. I tried enabling CAN Multi Requests (3 PIDs / adaptive) and was about to get 4/5Hz connection with around 20 pid/s. I'm glad this solution was found just in time for my track day on this coming Saturday!
devilmaz
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by devilmaz »

On mine iphone 5 kiwi 3 v2.0 doesn't work.
Sometimes Find the kiwi but few second later loose the connection,anyway when connected only twice i saw my car datas working for few seconds.I already open a plx support ticket but they think is app issue.. Thank you harry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

devilmaz wrote:On mine iphone 5 kiwi 3 v2.0 doesn't work.
Sometimes Find the kiwi but few second later loose the connection,anyway when connected only twice i saw my car datas working for few seconds.I already open a plx support ticket but they think is app issue.. Thank you harry
Please take care you load the firmware update as described on www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios. The version to install is v15.0.0.2. In case you have problems with PLX support, please forward there reply to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de) and I will talk to them. Using v15.0.0.2 and the latest LapTimer updates (both iOS and Android), things should work fine.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
devilmaz
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by devilmaz »

Harry wrote:
devilmaz wrote:On mine iphone 5 kiwi 3 v2.0 doesn't work.
Please take care you load the firmware update as described on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios. The version to install is v15.0.0.2. In case you have problems with PLX support, please forward there reply to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de) and I will talk to them. Using v15.0.0.2 and the latest LapTimer updates (both iOS and Android), things should work fine.

- Harry
Unfortunately i don't have an adroid at home,i suppose the only way is to send back to plx and ask back a updated version?
Cheers
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, in case you have v15.0.0.0 installed and have no Android around, contact them for a replacement / update service. The .0 version makes no reliable connection.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
threespore
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by threespore »

Is there any way I can use a Kiwi 3 and Aeroforce device on the same OBD connection (with a splitter)? if not, is there any partnership of ODB devices that LapTimer support which could be used on the same split connection with an Aeroforce?

thanks
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

threespore wrote:Is there any way I can use a Kiwi 3 and Aeroforce device on the same OBD connection (with a splitter)? if not, is there any partnership of ODB devices that LapTimer support which could be used on the same split connection with an Aeroforce?

thanks
Michael
I have no idea how parallel access of the OBD port is (or is not) specified. Please ping PLX on this question and let us know what he reply is.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
threespore
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by threespore »

I tested this against a Kiwi 3, GoPoint BT1 and OBDLink MX. They all do the same thing. If they sit solo on the splitter all is fine. When i plug in the aeroforce interceptor, all three devices start to reduce the HZ and eventually disappear. The bounce in and out of sensors, but never connect. I am guessing there is a clash with the interceptor with the devices. Any ideas?

thanks
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means the adapters can operate alternating, but not in parallel.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Brian54
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Brian54 »

Is there a guide or sticky someplace that has optimal settings for the Kiwi 3 with various vehicles? And/or somewhere that documents what each expert setting in HLT is for?

I have the Kiwi 3 in a 991 911 and it doesn't seem to be reading at a correct/useful rate. When I hook up to the GPS/OBD Buddy, it's connection speed bounces between 1-4Hz, but the throttle and RPM reading only updates every 5-6 seconds.