Ducati Panigale DDA to OBD2

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
rbono459890
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Ducati Panigale DDA to OBD2

Post by rbono459890 »

Hey doctorb
you would need an app capable of polling non-ODBII messages specific to your model, which is what the software I wrote does for a different ECU, in a similar fashion to what AIM does.

There are 3 parts
* physical connection: you need an adapter capable of connecting to the 4 pin one, which is non standard. There is plenty on ebay and amazon.
* electric signal: this is using a standard so well accepted
* decoding the signal: this is where Ducati uses custom messages, not ODB-II messages.

ODB-II has been designed to standardize all three above (same connector, several standards for signal, same coding of messages on the bus). HLT, like most other apps to collect data from engines, expects standard ODB-II messages.

In other words, ODBlink MX+ will see data flowing, but won't be able to make sense of it.

I have yet to test a V4 and I am assuming it does not yet use standard ODB-II messages, like pretty much every other bike on the market.

There are a couple of folks interested in replicating what I am doing on a V4, I'll keep you updated if it works and I can help out with the device.

Ciao
Renato