PWOW®ELM327 OBDII

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

PWOW®ELM327 OBDII

Post by EvolutionX »

I bought these off Amazon as I was in a hurry before a track day. It seems to link up, shows as Kiwi. Although it does think my car is an Izuzu and not a Mitsubishi. Not sure if that matters.

Question is, when I imported the data as a .csv it doesn't show much OBD data except RPM and throttle position. I am pretty sure my car can show more. It's a 2012 Mitsu Evo X. Is there a setting I need to change to see the other numbers? Is this a car, OBD, or App issue? My plan is to get a Bluetooth OBD so it doesn't interfere with my other wifi. Another quick question is, will the bluetooth OBD's recommended on Harry's site have less delay?

Thank you and again thank you Harry for the app. I bought the Qstarz for like 300 or 400 about a year ago and I don't even use it. I prefer Harry's Laptimer
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PWOW®ELM327 OBDII

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The amount of data available depends on OBD II standard in general, the OBD gateway implementation of your car, and on the selection LapTimer requests (or more general, "supports"). The adapter has no influence on the so called PIDs made available. Connect to your car and turn on the machine. Goto LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Sensor List ‣ Kiwi ‣ Info. Create a snapshot to memorize the list of PIDs available for your car. Please post it here or check the PIDs against https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

For OBD adapters and speed, please check viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2009. For a 10 Hz GPS, a rate of nearly 10 Hz is fine. I usually recommend to choose one if the slower BT options, they are easier to handle than WiFi adapters.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

It is asking me for initionalization. Has a box that says. "Expert settings (ASCII) " that it looks like I'm suppose to input something. Then below that are the buttons REVERT INFO. SET.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

Oh wait. I pressed info and it gave me info. Lol let me get to my computer in a few min and I will send the screen shot. Thanks.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Seems you had the engine not running, no PID availability has been exchanged. Please make sure you have the engine running and the OBD update rate is at least 1 Hz.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

Ok, got it now.

Do I need to enter anything on this screen?

Screen with car running

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, from PIDs supported by LapTimer, your car supports throttle (TPS), coolant temperature (ECT), manifold air pressure (MAP = boost), RPM, wheel speed (VSS), intake air temperature (IAT), mass air flow (MAF), fuel level, some throttle pedal PIDs, an vehicle identification. This is nearly the best case, only out temperature is missing. MAF is used for power and torque calculation.

There is nothing you need to enter into the text box.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

This is what I see when I export

Thank's for taking the time. I talked my friend into buying your app so you are helping both of us.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, OBD values start with row RPM. Not all PIDs requested are stored in the database (and CSV exports come from the database).
Missing values in the above sheet above may be due to some OBD communication issues. We can debug this item (if necessary) once you use one of the compatible genuine OBD adapters. The one you are currently using is a Chinese Knock Off - it is hard to predicable what they do. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image