PWOW®ELM327 OBDII

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: PWOW®ELM327 OBDII

Post by EvolutionX »

I understand.

I have Dashware and played around with it last year and I plan on using the data to do the overlay on the gopro and Drift Ghost video footage. I am not sure if my car will show gear. It's a manual trans. But most important is speed, RPM, and G forces since the gopro type cams don't do a very good job at showing speed. Always looks like I am out there cruising around. LOL I do wish brake force and steering angle could be shown. Helpful when reviewing the video.

Is it even possible to export data to a PC based lap analyzer that could bring the lap up and show braking and acceleration points along with a more exact line taken on the track?

And you suggest the BT version OBD?

Thanks again for your time.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Overlay options are limited for external overlayers. Gear needs to be calculated from information not available in the CSV file (e.g. tire size). Corners / bends passed are not available either and cannot be shown, etc. So both in terms of overlaying speed and result, using the LapTimer overlayer will be the better option. You can't customize gauges and will run problem with storage size (except you have a 64GB or 128GB device), but everything else is far better in LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

Can I import files from my Drift Ghost to the app to add the overlay? I have the 128g phone.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

I think I figured it out. Have to do it through itunes on my computer. Maybe I will sell the Drift Ghost and get the new Gopro. I just had bad experience with them when I owned the GoPro 2 Black I think it was. Would lock up all the time. But maybe they are more reliable now.

Thanks again
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Copying footage is similar for HEROs, the difference is you do not need to find data / video synchronization yourself.

Harry
Image Image Image Image