Automatic OBD can't link up with LapTimer

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
donutespresso
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Automatic OBD can't link up with LapTimer

Post by donutespresso »

Harry, I tried applying the settings today on my drive to work but it didn't help much. At a red light I did see the adapter spike briefly to 10Hz refresh rate on the sensor list screen (for all of a few seconds) then it quickly dropped back down to 0 again. I am not sure if it's related to the Accessory Tweaks you've suggested here, or if this is something that's happened before and I just never saw it. Either way it feels like a fluke, as the 0-1Hz refresh rate seems to persist.
FastDraw
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by FastDraw »

I know this isn't horribly helpful, but I'm also having this same problem with Automatic and OBD update rate at 0-1 Hz. I also have an Apple Watch, and VBox Sport and my car's bluetooth connected all at the same time, though.

As it's always best to try one thing at a time, my plan is to try to update 3 PIDs at a time as my car is a 2016 VW Golf R, and I think it has a Canbus to support multiple data pulls at the same time.

My question is the difference between "3 PIDs/Adaptive" and "3 PID/minimum" in the settings though. Which should I select and why/what's more likely to work? What's the difference?

Thank you!!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

3 PID/minimum has been a defensive approach for testing only. The adaptive version is the one to use. But please start without this feature. You should get more than the named 0 - 1 Hz before starting to tune the system.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. For the Automatic, any car can use the Multi CAN requests. The adapter will handle dispatching automatically. For non CAN cars, the 3 PID setting will at least decrease the amount of ping / pongs between app and adapter.
Image Image Image Image
FastDraw
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by FastDraw »

I know you said to try something else first. I tried disabling all other bluetooth sources and I still get the 0-1 Hz issue. Should I now move to the 3 PID/adaptive setting? Or is there another approach to try before then?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You may generate a log according to the FAQ "Debugging OBD Connections" and send it to me.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image