Kiwi wifi issues

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
r5turbo
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Kiwi wifi issues

Post by r5turbo »

Hi,

I have connected the kiwi wifi OBD to the lap timer and all data are ok. When I use the iphone to overlay the data in the video, there is a big lag. Is there a way around this?
Is there a way to transfer all data (video and OBD data) to a PC, and then join them?

I also use a V-box sport to get gps data, through bluetooth and all is fine there.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiwi wifi issues

Post by Harry »

Please try to adjust the standard overlay synchronization setting (timing) in LapTimer -> Settings -> Expert Setting and run the overlay again. There are plenty of threads on this topic in this forum too, try a search for "sensor delay video"

Harry
Image Image Image Image
r5turbo
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by r5turbo »

I found the "overlay synchronization" option, but if i change that wont this affect the data from the V-box as well? Should i change the sensor delays instead?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'd start with overlay synchronization. Sensor / sensor relations can be adjusted using the sensor delays in case they are off. But: 1) These delays are applied during recording, not during overlaying (i.e. extended test cycle) 2) Even in case GPS is off, you will not see this in she overlay. In case acceleration and/or rpm/throttle are off, you will see it in the video. The rest is difficult to capture.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
r5turbo
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by r5turbo »

Thank you!