roqyBT4 and Bluetooth OBDs!

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: roqyBT4 and Bluetooth OBDs!

Post by doborder »

If u are able to support two BT device such as gps and OBD info, will so much data make the connection unstable?
roqyBT
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by roqyBT »

@Doborder
Yes, I'm working on a version to get multiple connection at the same time (GPS+HRM, GPS+OBD mainly).
I need to test it to get the Apple bluetooth stack stability. With 1Hz GPS and 3Hz OBD, I think there is no issue. With 10Hz GPS and 10Hz OBD, I don't know, it needs to be tested!!!!

Roqy
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by doborder »

Roqy,

I have a 10hz gps qstarz 818 as well as OBDKey which is running approx 3hz on my car. I would be happy to beta test it for you. contact me at mchangdo@yahoo.com
Thanks for your good work!
Fobio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Fobio »

Hi roqy and Harry,

I just got the Lap Timer Pro and roqyBT working. I have the following BT OBD2 dongle:

This dongle works with my laptop with a continuous connection that avg 10hz.

However, it won't consistently connect or stay connected to Lap Timer Pro. Using the Timer or Timer/Video, the OBD data would come up intermitently and is not usable...in fact connection is dropepd 80% of the time during logging. Again, I have tested the dongle with a laptop, and it works: connects, stays conencted, and sends data...with the iPhone 4 and Lap Timer Pro, it won't even stay connected.

Please help.

Other than this, the program is working great. I look forward to being able to tether a 10Hz BT GPS receiver and 10Hz OBD2 BT dongle to Lap Tiemr Pro!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Just to check if it is the same pattern like the one with WLAN dongles, or a different one: it connects to the OBD, shows some OBD data (best seen using the Speedo view), works for approximately 60s, drops connection for 5 seconds or so, reconnects again, etc? Or a different pattern?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Fobio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Fobio »

Harry wrote:Hi,

Just to check if it is the same pattern like the one with WLAN dongles, or a different one: it connects to the OBD, shows some OBD data (best seen using the Speedo view), works for approximately 60s, drops connection for 5 seconds or so, reconnects again, etc? Or a different pattern?

- Harry
Hi Harry.

I can't say because I haven't seen the Wi-Lan issue, tho I've read briefly about it and briefly thought they were related. Anyway, for me, it'd work for less than 60sec...then would be disconnected for anywhere from 1 - 2 min then connect for maybe 10sec. The highest rate it connected was also 3.7Hz.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

EDIT: I have just updated with the latest version. I'll try again today in a few hrs and report back.
Fobio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Fobio »

Updated app. No change. Same behavior.
manucc1º
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by manucc1º »

Fobio wrote:Hi roqy and Harry,

I just got the Lap Timer Pro and roqyBT working. I have the following BT OBD2 dongle:

This dongle works with my laptop with a continuous connection that avg 10hz.

However, it won't consistently connect or stay connected to Lap Timer Pro. Using the Timer or Timer/Video, the OBD data would come up intermitently and is not usable...in fact connection is dropepd 80% of the time during logging. Again, I have tested the dongle with a laptop, and it works: connects, stays conencted, and sends data...with the iPhone 4 and Lap Timer Pro, it won't even stay connected.

Please help.

Other than this, the program is working great. I look forward to being able to tether a 10Hz BT GPS receiver and 10Hz OBD2 BT dongle to Lap Tiemr Pro!

Hello.

I would like know if this obd II dongle is compatible with laptimer pro withouth need of doing jailbreak to the iphone.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Bluetooth dongles generally requires a jailbreak to work. To my knowledge there is no Apple certified BT dongle available at all. Please check http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html for a list off supported devices.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
manucc1º
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by manucc1º »

And it's possible integrate roqyBT4 on laptimer?