GoPoint BT1

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
JimiZee
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPoint BT1

Post by JimiZee »

Amazon says its unavailable. Although the GoPoint site shows it. And I read somewhere it was being upgraded and a new model due in May.
Isn't it of benefit to you, to have us get it from Amazon?
Do you know the status?

Thanks, Jim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPoint BT1

Post by Harry »

Don't care what it means for me :-) Just buy it where you can get it!

Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

Can I use 2 BT devices at the same time the GoPoint BT1 and the Dual Electronics XGPS150A in Harry's GP version?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Up to iOS 7.0 you could. With 7.1 and 7.1.1 there are some problems in iOS that make the use of two BT devices at a time at least difficult. I hope this will be sorted out in 7.1.2. See the global announcement for the details.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Danny Eddy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Danny Eddy »

Any word on GoPoint BT1 availability? Amazon has a status of "unavailable", and doesn't know when or if it will be back in stock. The GoPoint website won't give you an option to buy, not available on the Wal-Mart website, and I can't find it anywhere else.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I received information the next built of the BT1 will get available in July.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wheelman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wheelman »

Harry wrote:I received information the next built of the BT1 will get available in July.

- Harry
At least they gave you an ETA. I've been checking their website every day for 2 1/2 months. I've messaged them twice. The first time I was told that it's not currently available and to sign up on their site to be notified when it is. That was a month ago. They've ignored both of my requests for an ETA and they mentioned nothing about a new version. If they're working on a new version and it got delayed, I'd be willing to wait if they could at least relay that info, but their customer service is a joke. You can only send an e-message or leave a phone message with an answering service and pray someone gets back to you (which no one ever does). So what happens if I have a problem with a unit that I purchase? I'm willing to bet I'm SOL. All of this has me hoping Scantool's WiFi/iOs unit, due out in August, is a good or better than Blowpoint's.
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

As it was out of stock for most of June, I sent in an inquiry and got a 10% off coupon. I ordered a GoPoint BT1 from GoPoint on 7/4 and got a message back that it will ship on 7/28. Not sure why it seemed to be out of stock both at Amazon and GoPoint during this period,
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

They were out of business with their BT1 series between sometimes begin of this year and July. In addition it takes time to produce a new bulk of devices. Please let us know if you get your device by end of July. Thx.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

Pug of business??? Is the product still best in class for apple Bluetooth or should I consider more established vendors?