Where to buy the BT1?

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Where to buy the BT1?

Post by NRGDEAD »

Hi everyone,

I intend to buy a BT1, but I'm not to keen to order from the USA because things become amusingly expensive. Shipping, taxes, and customs. A well known logistics company charges additional 10 EUR for being so "kind" to lay customs. I did this twice for video games a few years ago, and the original price of circa 50 bucks ended up to cost me 90.

So I'd rather order from EU countries. But I couldn't find any dealership so far.
How did you guys get you BT1s?

Cheers
NRG
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where to buy the BT1?

Post by Harry »

I'm not aware of any EU distributor of GoPoint's products and ordered mine from GoPoint US.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Oh well, I ordered from their website. Let's see how much the total will be after tax and stuff. :-)
Now you're cookin'!
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Here's a pro tip for everyone buying from GoPoint:

I had some trouble getting their site to work. Mainly because strict settings for security. However, I ended up being halfway registered; they knew my mail address. And I had the BT1 in the shopping basket.
The day after I successfully ordered, they started sending me mails asking me if I wouldn't like to complete my order. Apparently referring to one or more of the browsers I tried to order with.
The interesting part is: at some point, they offered coupon codes in their mails, ultimately offering me 20 USD off. Which would have been really nice, but I guess it's too late for me now; my order has shipped.

However, you guys might be able to get a decent discount if you register, put the BT1 in the basket, and then wait 2-3 days for the (I think) second coupon code.
Now you're cookin'!