elm327 obd2 wifi no longer works on iOS7

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
gptoyz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

elm327 obd2 wifi no longer works on iOS7

Post by gptoyz »

So I upgraded to ios7 and now the elm327 no longer connects to harry's lap timer

The wifi connection is fine, but packets aren't be processed in the app or any other obd2

Did ios7 brake something fundamentally solid in all previous os versions?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: elm327 obd2 wifi no longer works on iOS7

Post by Harry »

To my knowledge there is no issue with wifi an iOS7 (iOS has no idea of OBD or its communication, so it is just about wifi). Issues known are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1693 I'd recommend to reset both the dongle and the iPhone and try again. Please make sure the wifi settings are still fine and the small antenna in the status bar shows up when you join the network with your iPhone. For further questions, please let me know which configuration you use (iPhone, OBD dongle, etc).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gptoyz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gptoyz »

I have(had now) and older 4s(ios6) and a iPhone 5(ios7). Up until I sold the 4s I had an older version of HLT v16 something which worked with the elm327 dongle that I have.

The iPhone 5 which finds and connects to the wifi hotspot CLKDevices perfectly fine, does not function with the elm327.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k. so this is either an incompatibility with LapTimer new OBD parser, or an incomplete ELM327 implementation. Please check viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500 for steps to debug and please never forget to add your configuration (car model / type and year built, type of ELM327 dongle you use, etc). There have been quite some discussions on OBD differences between v16 and v17, so you may search the Accessories / OBD area for more information.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image