OBDLink Wifi dropping connection

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Morcegolas
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: OBDLink Wifi dropping connection

Post by Morcegolas »

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I have an iPhone 5 ( latest firmware ), Kiwi Wifi 1 and Harry's LapTimer with today's update. I also have DashCommand and everything works fine, with Harry's LapTimer I have connection dropping and when I try to record a video the rpm simply don't work. I want to buy the in app purchase to use multicam to use with my GoPro Hero 3 but while I can't use my OBD with LapTimer I won't spend more money in this program. I just don't understand why you say that it's a iOS problem when everything works great with DashCommand.

Hope you can help me. I can attach a log if you want.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBDLink Wifi dropping connection

Post by Harry »

Dropping connections can have several reasons. It can either be a hardware / iOS issue (wifi configuration / conflicts with other devices), or LapTimer drops the connection itself because it discovers an incompatibility. LapTimer expects a correct implementation of the OBD standard. This typically allows higher update rates and better time synchronizations needed for precise data recordings. In case you want me to have a look into the dialog between LapTimer and your car, please follow the instructions on OBD debugging linked above.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image