OBD "Problem Cars"

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [FAQ] OBD "Problem Cars"

Post by Harry »

Update: the upcoming bugfix release 17.0.6 will add automatic detection of faulty PIDs and add them to the exclusion list. Once 17.0.6 is online, I will remove this thread to "Outdated". In case you have already excluded PIDs, please do the following once you are on 17.0.6:
  • Write down your working exclusion list
  • Make sure "Auto Exclude PIDs" in "ON"
  • Remove your customized exclusion list (empty field)
  • Finally, next time you connect LapTimer to the OBD / car, you should get a stable update rate after some seconds
Please let me know if that works for you and results a) in a working connection and b) in the same (or shorter) exclusion list.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dcampbell
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dcampbell »

I followed the steps however The new version didn't exclude any PIDs automatically.

I went back to my last working config that doesn't result in any red or orange conditions.

That is:

Force seq
Exclude 0106010501100111

2006 BMW 330xi
Last edited by dcampbell on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 BMW 330xi
LT GP 19.0.16
Go point BT1
Gopro Black Hero3
Ipad gen3
XGPS150A
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Which OBD dongle do you use?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
dcampbell
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dcampbell »

Gopoint bt1. And I did checjpk for updates.
2006 BMW 330xi
LT GP 19.0.16
Go point BT1
Gopro Black Hero3
Ipad gen3
XGPS150A
tracman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tracman »

I tried the new version with my OBDLINK and it did not work. I get the large list of PID's. I also posted this on the other post for this issue.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, so please forget about my question. That is actually what is expected.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
dcampbell
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dcampbell »

dcampbell wrote:I followed the steps however The new version didn't exclude any PIDs automatically.

I went back to my last working config that doesn't result in any red or orange conditions.

That is:

Force seq
Exclude 0106010501100111

2006 BMW 330xi

Note to other users.

This worked . I got rpm, throttle, speed, and gear on my overlay. Edited to add, acceleration thanks to Harry.
2006 BMW 330xi
LT GP 19.0.16
Go point BT1
Gopro Black Hero3
Ipad gen3
XGPS150A
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Auto exclude PID's with BT1

Post by gplracerx »

I had a problem where the OBDII update rate went to zero even though I was seeing OBDII data on the GPS page. When I went to the settings, I found at least three PID's had been excluded. I cleared those exclusions and turned off auto exclude and the update rate went back to 5-6 Hz. Now I'll have to see if that fixes the throttle opening problem where I get spikes to 200-300% opening.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto exclude PID's with BT1

Post by Harry »

gplracerx wrote:I had a problem where the OBDII update rate went to zero even though I was seeing OBDII data on the GPS page. When I went to the settings, I found at least three PID's had been excluded. I cleared those exclusions and turned off auto exclude and the update rate went back to 5-6 Hz. Now I'll have to see if that fixes the throttle opening problem where I get spikes to 200-300% opening.
That probably happens when a car sometimes responds correctly, and sometimes not. Turning off the automatic exclusion is the correct option here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
escottc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by escottc »

Turbo boost not showing in overlay using GoPoint BT1. 2010 VW GTI DSG with APR Stage 2 ECU.

I've tried Auto Exclude Off and it didn't make a difference when trying to view video while driving. The turbo needle didn't move. I did read that Excluding 0101 might be a work around, but if I do this do I also need to remove the "turbo" setting in Vehicle List and selecting Naturally Aspirated?

Reference video (probably won't help, but it can't hurt):
http://youtu.be/BUn-t2P0hoQ

Side note:
When viewing GoPoint info. using GoPoint "Quick Scan" iPhone App the RPMs register correctly, but during my track day (see view above) the max RPM registers a 6k when I clearly saw my tachometer hit 7k. Maybe I'm not entering my Vehicle information correctly. I've moved the RPMs around trying to test it so it might be way off by now. Tuning information if that might help: http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgra ... trans.html By using the information supplied by APR there is no no green area of the tach. overlay which doesn't look right to me.
Attachments
hlt.jpg
hlt.jpg (237.29 KiB) Viewed 3942 times