OBD readout on overlay

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD readout on overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Your car does not feed MAP (manifold air pressure = pressure from the turbo) through OBD. There is a way to calculate MAP from MAF but that is not supported yet. I plan to add MAP calculation in one of the next releases. Till then, it is best to mark your car as "naturally aspired" to not get the empty turbo boost gauge shown.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

Once you have those calculations done is it something that will show in the future on previous recordings ?
Ray_S
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Ray_S »

Hi

it seems to me as turbo boost pressure does not get logged for my 996 turbo using a GoPoint BT device?

At least it is not exported to csv files. I see zero values for coolant & oil temps, fuel and map.

Is it just not exported or does the GoPoint not provide the boost values for Porsche?!

Cheers,
Rainer
------------------------------
Porsche 996 turbo Cab
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The problem is the Porsche 996 Turbo does not provide MAP (Manifold air pressure) which is used by LapTimer to show boost. MAP can be calculated from other values but this is not yet supported by LapTimer. I will probably add that in a future version, so please stay tuned.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

Harry wrote:The problem is the Porsche 996 Turbo does not provide MAP (Manifold air pressure) which is used by LapTimer to show boost. MAP can be calculated from other values but this is not yet supported by LapTimer. I will probably add that in a future version, so please stay tuned.

- Harry
Hi Harry, once you have those calculations done is it something that will show in the future on previous recordings ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, LapTimer will record MAF and MAP independently. In case the app needs the data it will be either taken from existing data or calculated if missing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image