OBDKey WLAN problem with latest version

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Hairsy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBDKey WLAN problem with latest version

Post by Hairsy »

Hi,

After I updated to the latest version of Lap Timer my OBDkey WLAN has stopped working with the software.

If I go to the GPS screen then it seems to recognise that the OBDkey is connected but it seems to disconnect often. However, at no time is any data shown (e.g. rpm or throttle position that work on the previous version).

I have tried downgrading back to the previous version of Lap Timer and then it works OK again. It only has a problem with the latest version of the software.

Are there any known problems or workarounds for the latest version of the software or can I send you anything useful to help you diagnose?

Thank you

Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBDKey WLAN problem with latest version

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The complete OBD parser has received a rework during v17. We have tested it using the Kiwi and the GoPoint dongles. So it may well be the OBDKey has some unexpected incompatibilities... I will send you an invitation to Testflight in parallel. It will allows you to install a LapTimer version generating an OBD debug log. Thanks for your support.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Hairsy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Hairsy »

Thank you Harry - I will do what I can to help ...

Dave
Hairsy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Hairsy »

I would like to say a huge public thank you to Harry for his incredible service.

Since my post a month ago, Harry has worked with me to solve my problem and has just gone through the final iteration of resolving it. He was even patient when my iPhone had to be replaced because an idiot (me) put it in the washing machine.

Thank you Harry - superb service.

Dave
guilt95
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by guilt95 »

Hi all

i've exactlty the same problem , i want to try to downgrading my version 17 to 16 for try my obd link but i don't know how to make that

can you help me ?

thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The above item has been car specific. Please check viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500 for a debugging process you can pursue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
guilt95
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by guilt95 »

Harry wrote:The above item has been car specific. Please check viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500 for a debugging process you can pursue.

- Harry
hi harry , thanks for your quickly respond , i send to you an email today at 12h09 with the debugging process

thanks a lot for your help
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please send it again according the description in the link above. Do not let the file grow too large and please add your configuration and a description what problem you exactly have.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image