XTool iOBD2

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
mpovoa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

XTool iOBD2

Post by mpovoa »

Hi everybody. i'm from Brazil and this is my first post. I've ordered the iOBD2 fro Xtool. I looked for the combability but couldn't find any feedback. Now is wait to get here and try to make it works. I forgot the say that my car is a WRX SD 2011.
Best regards,
Mateus Póvoa.
Last edited by mpovoa on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XTool iOBD2

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Had a look into the information available on the net. Looks like a pretty closed system with no information on protocols used. In case they have their own protocol, there is no chance it will work with LapTimer. In case they comply to the ELM327 protocol (which is not mentioned), it might work. Please just let me know once you have it tested.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mpovoa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mpovoa »

Hi Harry,
I'm a Brazilian Subaru Club member and one of the members has the Laptimer with iOBD2 and indeed it isn't work. He sad that the trhotle indicator appers but doesn't move. I think that others OBD2 give you the possibility of check the trhotle position but they don't give you the same information an iPhone app to monitoring the car's sensors so good as Xtool. So I'll keep the iOBD2 from Xtool.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Mateus Póvoa.
patene
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by patene »

Here is iOBD2 xtool user manual:http://www.iobd2.cc/IOBD2-MFi-BT-OBDII-User-Manual.pdf, Hope can help you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

patene wrote:Here is iOBD2 xtool user manual:http://www.iobd2.cc/IOBD2-MFi-BT-OBDII-User-Manual.pdf, Hope can help you.
Actually it is another indicator it is a closed system. :-(
No way to use it with LapTimer currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image