OBD2 bluetooth and external GPS bluetooth

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
5 DOT 0
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: OBD2 bluetooth and external GPS bluetooth

Post by 5 DOT 0 »

Read the blog posts at the bottom of this link.

http://blog.griffintechnology.com/archi ... ndrive-app

Is there a list of devices that can be used to capture telemetry on video while using your lap timer and the iP4? I have a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 that I'm taking to the track. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please check http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html for a list of LapTimer compatible OBD devices.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
5 DOT 0
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 5 DOT 0 »

Thanks Harry.
roqyBT
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by roqyBT »

Hi,

Bluetooth OBD devices are now compatible with iphone, ipad and ipod touch thanks to roqyBT4 app and its addon roqyOBD !
See www.roqy-bluetooth.net for more information!

roqy
5 DOT 0
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 5 DOT 0 »

roqyBT wrote:Hi,

Bluetooth OBD devices are now compatible with iphone, ipad and ipod touch thanks to roqyBT4 app and its addon roqyOBD !
See http://www.roqy-bluetooth.net for more information!

roqy
I can't find this at the iTunes App store.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

roqyBT4's functionality requires a jailbroken phone. Apps like this need to be loaded from Cydia or other sources - not App Store.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squelch
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squelch »

Harry,

I just bought your LapTimer Pro iPhone application to use on my Triumph Daytona 675 on the track. I also bought an Emprum UltiMate GPS receiver. Now I'd like to add a wireless OBD-II scanner to keep track of engine RPMs, etc.

The Kiwi Wifi won't work with the Triumph, as it does not use the VAG-COM protocol. The OBDLink Wifi does work with the Triumph, and I've seen you post some things about it. However, I don't see it on the compatibility page. Is it compatible or not? If it is, I will pull the trigger and buy it right now; if not I guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks for your time.

Sean
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The OBDLink WLAN works like the KiwiWifi does. Both have some WLAN connectivity issues I was not yet able to work around. The issue named is a regularly appearing disconnect of the WLAN connection. LapTimer reconnects immediately, however, connection drops for a few seconds. This problem occurs specifically in town with lots of WLANs around. Outside, they are by far more stable.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Squelch wrote:Harry,

I just bought your LapTimer Pro iPhone application to use on my Triumph Daytona 675 on the track. I also bought an Emprum UltiMate GPS receiver. Now I'd like to add a wireless OBD-II scanner to keep track of engine RPMs, etc.

The Kiwi Wifi won't work with the Triumph, as it does not use the VAG-COM protocol. The OBDLink Wifi does work with the Triumph, and I've seen you post some things about it. However, I don't see it on the compatibility page. Is it compatible or not? If it is, I will pull the trigger and buy it right now; if not I guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks for your time.

Sean
Which protocoll do you need. Keep in mind that Laptimer currently only works for OBD II vehicles! Even though OBDLink might support older protocols too (like KWP1281 or KWP2000) Laptimer won't still be able to work with your vehicle (correct me if im wrong Harry)! OBD II has values that are standardized for all vehicle makers. That's the reason why it's "easy" to find those values. Older non OBD II protocols (especially VAG protocols) aren't standardized and differ from vehicle to vehicle and therefore make it very complicated to implement.
Squelch
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Squelch »

bulls23 wrote:Which protocoll do you need. Keep in mind that Laptimer currently only works for OBD II vehicles! Even though OBDLink might support older protocols too (like KWP1281 or KWP2000) Laptimer won't still be able to work with your vehicle (correct me if im wrong Harry)! OBD II has values that are standardized for all vehicle makers. That's the reason why it's "easy" to find those values. Older non OBD II protocols (especially VAG protocols) aren't standardized and differ from vehicle to vehicle and therefore make it very complicated to implement.
It's OBD-II, but it uses the VAG-COM protocol. It's a 2009 motorcycle, so I would think that it has the latest OBD-II stuff, but I don't really know for sure. Maybe I'll order the OBDLink from Amazon so if it doesn't work, I can return it easily.